Adolescent Workers: Prevention of Workplace Injuries and Illnesses
This is a draft document meant for review only. Do not cite this document.
- As a healthcare provider, is there anything you could have done to prevent Mallory’s injury?
- If Mallory came into your office for a well child visit (before the accident), and told you about this job, what questions would you have for her and her parent/guardian?
- If Mallory came into your office, after she had completed all of the treatments for her injury, what questions would you have for her and her parent/guardian?
- Are you aware of the laws protecting young workers?
- Do you know where to find more information about occupational health and safety for young workers?
- Do you ask your adolescent patients about work?
- Do you use any resources to educate them about young worker rights and responsibilities?
Page last reviewed: December 19, 2018
Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health