- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (2018). ASHP Guidelines for Handling Hazardous Drugs.
- American Nurses Association. (2015). Incivility, Bullying, and Workplace Violence Position Statement.
- American Nurses Association. (2019). Healthy Nurse Healthy Nation. American Nurse Today,14: 61-70. Silver Springs, MD.
- Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses. (2008). Recommended Practices for Positioning the Patient in the Perioperative Practice Setting. Perioperative Standards and Recommended Practices: 497-520.
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control, Infection Prevention and You (2016). Help Break the Chain of Infection.
- Berglund B, Lindvall T, Schwela D (1999). Guidelines for Community Noise. Geneva: World Health Organization (WHO)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey. Characteristics of the Employed. Household Data Annual Averages. Employed Persons by Detailed Industry, Sex, Race, and Hispanic or Latino Ethnicity. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics (2019a).
- Numbers of Nonfatal Occupational Injuries and Illnesses by Industry and Case Types, 2019. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics (2019b).
- Injuries, Illnesses, and Fatalities by Occupation, 2019. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics (2019c).
- The Economics Daily, Back Injuries Prominent in Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorder Cases in 2016. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics (2016).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Hirshkowitz M, Whiton K, Albert SM, Alessi C, Bruni O, DonCarlos L, Hazen N, Herman J, Katz ES, Kheirandish-Gozal L, Neubauer DN, O’Donnell AE, Ohayon M, Peever J, Rawding R, Sachdeva RC, Setters B, Vitiello MV, Ware JC, Adams Hillard PJ (2015). National Sleep Foundation’s Sleep Time Duration Recommendations: Methodology and Results Summary. Sleep Health,1(1), 40–43.
- Kusnetz E, Condon M (2003). Acute Effects from Occupational Exposure to Antineoplastic Drugs in a Para-professional Health Care Worker. American Journal of Industrial Medicine 44:107–109.
- Li Y, Jones CB (2012). A literature review of nursing turnover costs. Journal of Nursing Management. 21(3): 405-418.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Polovich M, Olsen M (2018). Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs. Pittsburgh, PA: Oncology Nursing Society.
- Walton AM, Rogers B (2017). Workplace Hazards Faced by Nursing Assistants in the United States: A Focused Literature Review. International Journal of Environmental Research in Public Health, 14(5): 544. 25 pages.
- Wedro B (2019). Fatigue Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment.
Page last reviewed: April 28, 2022
Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health