- Stutts JC, Wilkins JW, Vaughn BV . Why do people have drowsy driving crashes? AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. [https://www.aaafoundation.org/sites/default/files/sleep.PDF].
- American Nurses Association . ANA health & safety survey report [http://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/WorkplaceSafety/Healthy-Work-Environment/Work-Environment/2011-HealthSafetySurvey.html] (the full report is available to members of the American Nurses Association).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention . Unhealthy sleep-related behaviors: 12 states, 2009. MMWR 60(8):233–238.
- State v. Scott Robb, No. 04001655 (N.J. Aug. 19, 2005).
- Commonwealth v. Semich, No. CR05041162-00, No. CR05041163-00, and No. CR05041164-00 (Prince William County Circuit Court 1997).
- Michial Jacobs v. Pacific Transportation Services, Ernie Newland and Thomas Lloyd. No. PM06-1710, 2010 WL 2894512 (California 2010).
- Marthe vs. Trotter. No. MC006412, 1999 WL 318940 (California 1999).
- Garza v. Posadas USA Inc., No. 2000CVE000509-D1 (Webb Co., Texas,Dist. Ct.).
- Howard ME, Jackson ML, Kennedy GA, Swann P, Barnes M, Pierce RJ . The interactive effects of extended wakefulness and low-dose alcohol on simulated driving and vigilance. Sleep 30:1334–1340.
- Vanlaar W, Simpson H, Mayhew D, Robertson R . Fatigued and drowsy driving: a survey of attitudes, opinions and behaviors. J Safety Res 39:303–309.
Overview of Training Program
4. Individual Differences
5. Work Organization Strategies
9. Night & Evening Shifts
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
Providing National and World Leadership to Prevent Workplace Illnesses and Injuries
To learn more about NIOSH and our nation's safety and health research please visit: