"I got a speeding ticket one time going home [from work]. Didn’t realize I was going 55 miles per hour in a 25... I felt very alarmed... I really could’ve hurt someone, or myself."
Quote from a nurse who rotates to night shift.
Recognize warning signs of drowsy driving
- Difficulty focusing, frequent blinking, or heavy eyelids
- Daydreaming; wandering/disconnected thoughts
- Trouble remembering the last few miles driven; missing exits or traffic signs
- Yawning repeatedly or rubbing your eyes
- Trouble keeping your head up
- Drifting from your lane, tailgating, or hitting a shoulder rumble strip
- Feeling restless and irritable