- Barton J, Spelten E, Totterdell P, Smith L, Folkard S, Costa G . The standard shiftwork index: a battery of questionnaires for assessing shiftwork-related problems. Work Stress 9:4–30.
- Caruso CC, Bushnell T, Eggerth D, Heitmann A, Kojola B, Newman K, Rosa RR, Sauter SL, Vila B . Long working hours, safety, and health: toward a national research agenda. Am J Ind Med 49:930–942.
- Colligan MJ, Rosa RR . Shiftwork effects on social and family life. Occup Med 5:315–322.
- Davis KD, Goodman WB, Pirretti AE, Almeida DM . Nonstandard work schedules, perceived family well-being, and daily stressors. J Marriage Family 70(4):991–1003.
- Jacobs JA, Gerson K . The time divide: work, family, and gender inequality. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- Kalil A, Ziol-Guest KM, Epstein JL . Nonstandard work and marital instability: evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth. J Marriage Family 72(5):1289–1300.
- Phipps SA, Lethbridge L, Burton P . Long-run consequences of parental paid work hours for child overweight status in Canada. Soc Sci Med 62:977–986.
- Presser HB . Nonstandard work schedules and marital instability. J Marriage Family 62(1):93–110.
- Drake CL, Roehrs T, Richardson G, Walsh JK, Roth T . Shift work sleep disorder: prevalence and consequences beyond that of symptomatic day workers. Sleep 27:1453-1462.
- Liu H, Wang Q, Keesler V, Schneider B . Non-standard work schedules, work-family conflict and parental well-being: a comparison of married and cohabiting unions. Soc Sci Res. 40:473–484.
- Mills M, Täht K . Nonstandard work schedules and partnership quality: quantitative and qualitative findings. J Marriage Family 72(4): 860–875.
- Koulouglioti C, Cole R, Kitzman H . The role of children's routines of daily living, supervision, and maternal fatigue in preschool children's injury risk. Res Nurs Health 32(5):517–529.
- American Nurses Association . Nursing world: the nursing process [www.nursingworld.org/EspeciallyForYou/StudentNurses/Thenursingprocess.aspx].
Overview of Training Program
4. Individual Differences
5. Work Organization Strategies
9. Night & Evening Shifts
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
Providing National and World Leadership to Prevent Workplace Illnesses and Injuries
To learn more about NIOSH and our nation's safety and health research please visit: