Suggestions for holidays and special occasions
- If you are scheduled to work on a special day, try to swap shifts well in advance, but avoid difficult scheduling patterns discussed in Module 5.
- If you need to work on a holiday, consider celebrating it another day when everyone can be together.
- If the important people in your life must celebrate without you there, you can have a second celebration during your day off.
- You could make other related events a priority (e.g., holiday-related parties or holiday-related school plays).
Overview of Training Program
4. Individual Differences
5. Work Organization Strategies
9. Night & Evening Shifts
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
Providing National and World Leadership to Prevent Workplace Illnesses and Injuries
To learn more about NIOSH and our nation's safety and health research please visit: