Researchers to present and discuss findings at The Society of Toxicology’s 55th Annual Meeting and ToxExpo
March 9, 2016
Contact: Joshua Kinman (513) 533-6831
This year’s meeting, which draws more than 6,500 toxicologists from around the world, is in New Orleans, La., from March 13-17, 2016.
- NIOSH will present nearly 40 posters, as well as lead discussions about such topics as:
- Occupational exposure to beryllium
- Inhalation of sand dust in hydraulic fracturing operations
- Nanotoxicology and exposures to nanoparticles
- Metal toxins exposures to upstream oil and gas workers
- Health and environmental hazard assessments of nanomaterials
- Toxic inhalant exposures in metal working
- Other recent advances nanotoxicology
For information about the Meeting and ToxExpo, visit: http://www.toxicology.org/events/external icon.
Download a complete listing of NIOSH posters and discussions pdf icon[PDF – 144K].
NIOSH is a federal agency that conducts research and makes recommendations for preventing work-related injuries, illnesses, and deaths. For more information about NIOSH, visit www.cdc.gov/niosh/.
NIOSH laboratories are located all over the country, including Cincinnati, Ohio, and Morgantown, W.Va., as well as collaborates with numerous research centers and universities in improve occupational safety and health.