TOTAL WORKER HEALTH
Infographic: Top Reasons to Create a New Pathway for a Safer and Healthier Workforce
- Read Text Equivalent (for Section 508 access).
- Download the PDF Set of SlidesCdc-pdf for printing and sharing.
- Get code to link to this infographic from your web page.
- Learn more about Total Worker Health.
View/Download PDF of Infographic: Total Worker Health: Top Reasons to Create a New Pathway for a Safer and Healthier Workforce Cdc-pdf[PDF – 2M]
Copy the code below to get this Total Worker Health badge on your web page.
<a href=”https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/twh/topreasons/”><img name=”infographic” src=”https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/twh/images/Infographic1_button_004-B.jpg” width=”140″ height=”144″ alt=”what are the top reasons for creating a culture of safety and health” /></a>
- BLS . Workplace injury and illness summary. Economic news release: November 7, 2013. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics [http://www.bls.gov/news.release/osh.nr0.htmExternal].
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) . Workers’ Memorial Day: April 28, 2013. MMWR 62(16):301. [/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6216a1.htm?s_cid=mm6216a1_w].
- BLS . Census of fatal occupational injuries summary, 2012. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics [http://www.bls.gov/news.release/cfoi.nr0.htmExternal].
- Hymel P, Loeppke R, Baase C, Burton W, Hartenbaum N, Hudson T, McLelann R, Mueller K, Roberts M, Yarborough C, Konicki D, Larson P . Workplace health protection and health promotion: a new pathway for a healthier—and safer —workforce. J Occup Environ Med 53(6):695–702.
- Partnership for Solutions . Chronic conditions: making the case for ongoing care. Baltimore, MD: Partnership for Solutions. [http://www.partnershipforsolutions.org/DMS/files/chronicbook2004.pdfExternal].
- Finkelstein EA, Trogdon JG, Cohen JW, Dietz W . Annual medical spending attributable to obesity: payer- and service-specific estimates. Health Affairs 28(5): w822–w831.
- BRFSS (Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System) . Prevalence of self-reported obesity among U.S. adults. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics.
- BLS . Older workers: BLS spotlight on statistics. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics [http://www.bls.gov/spotlight/2008/older_workers/External]. Date accessed: September 26, 2013.
- National Opinion Research Center . General Social Survey (GSS) 2010 [Data file and code book] [http://www3.norc.org/gss+website/External]. Date accessed: December 9, 2013.
- CDC . Public health strategies for preventing and controlling overweight and obesity in school and worksite settings: a report on recommendations of the Task Force on Community Preventive Services. MMWR 54(RR10):1–12. [/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5410a1.htm].
- Anderko L, Roffenbender JS, Goetzel RZ, Millard F, Wildenhaus K, et al. . Promoting prevention through the Affordable Care Act: workplace wellness. Prev Chronic Dis 9:120092. [/pcd/issues/2012/12_0092.htm].
- American Psychological Association Practice Organization . Psychologically Healthy Workplace Program Fact Sheet: by the numbers [http://www.phwa.org/dl/2010phwp_fact_sheet.pdfExternal].
- Families and Work Institute . National study of the changing workforce. New York: Families and Work Institute [http://familiesandwork.org/site/research/reports/time_work_flex.pdfExternal].
- NIOSH . The Research Compendium: The NIOSH Total Worker Health® Program: Seminal Research Papers 2012. Cincinnati, OH: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2012-146. [/niosh/docs/2012-146/].
- Martin A, Hartman M, Whittle L, Catlin A, and the National Health Expenditure Accounts Team . National Health Spending In 2012: Rate Of Health Spending Growth Remained Low For The Fourth Consecutive Year. Health Affairs 33:67-77.