Pre-Travel Location Planning & Resources
Factors that can affect your employee’s location experience include geography, climate, and local culture. Depending on work location, you may require vaccinations. If traveling to multiple locations, you may also need region-specific information on climate or extreme weather, transportation, and security. Use the Small Business International Travel Planner to help your employee identify location-specific needs that may require action or planning before departure.
Complete our Location Health and Safety Plan. Make sure to have a hard copy with you on travel.
LOCATION VEHICLE/FLEET SAFETY
Motor vehicle crashes are the #1 killer of healthy U.S. citizens in foreign countries. Infectious diseases and outdoor exposures, such as public transportation and taxis, are also serious concerns. Consult the following resources to find out more information about health and safety concerns in your destination country:
- Travel.State.Gov International Travelexternal icon–Find travel information on passports, safety and security, and help if something goes wrong.
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Programexternal icon–Enroll your trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- Visit country-specific websites for information on festivals, events, and holidays that may affect travel.
LOCATION HEALTH AND SAFETY
- CDC Vaccines. Medicines. Advice.–Find important country-specific information on infectious diseases, vaccination, safe eating and drinking, and outdoor exposures, such as preventing bug and animal bites, staying safe outdoors, security, and transportation.
- NIOSH–Search for exposures and risks related to your work assignment.