Exercising And Eating Healthy
Pre-travel Personal Planning
EXERCISING AND EATING HEALTHY
Accept that it may be harder to maintain a healthy lifestyle while traveling. The healthy tips listed below will help:
- Pack healthy, nonperishable snacks in your luggage and carry-ons.
- Consider packing items like oatmeal for a healthy breakfast option.
- Bring meals from home to ensure healthy eating options while in flight.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat options when available, but make sure the food is safe.
- Avoid fried foods.
- Drink plenty of water and limit sugar-sweetened beverages and alcohol.
- Get at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day.
- Follow general advice about food and water safety when selecting and preparing meals.
Page last reviewed: August 28, 2019
Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health