Publications and Resources
The key publications which have guided the development of the NIOSH Translation Research Program include the following:
- Schulte PA; Cunningham TR; Nickels L; Felknor S; Guerin R; Blosser F; Chang C-C; Check P; Eggerth D; Flynn M; Forrester C; Hard D; Hudson H; Lincoln J; McKernan LT; Pratap P; Stephenson CM; Van Bogaert D; Menger-Ogle L . Translation research in occupational safety and health: a proposed framework. Am J Ind Med 2017 Dec; 60(12):1011-1022.
- Dugan, A.G. & Punnett, L. Dissemination and Implementation Research for Occupational Safety and Health. Occup Health Sci (2017) 1: 29.
- Tinc PJ, Gadomski A, Sorensen JA, Weinehall L, Jenkins P, Lindvall K. Adapting the T0-T4 implementation science model to occupational health and safety in agriculture, forestry, and fishing: A scoping review. Am J Ind Med. 2018;61:51–62.
- Khoury MJ, Gwinn M, Ioannidis JPA . The emergence of translational epidemiology: from scientific discovery to population health impact. American Journal Epidemiology 172: 517-524.
- Lucas DL, Kincl LD, Bovbjerg VE and Lincoln JM . Application of a translational research model to assess the progress of occupational safety research in the international commercial fishing industry. Safety Science 64:71-81.
- Ogilvie D, Craig P, Griffin S, Macintyre S and Wareham NJ . A translational framework for public health research. BMC Public Health 9(1):116.
- NIOSH Translation Research Roadmap and Implementation presentation to the Board of Scientific Counselors Meeting, March 2016pdf icon
Page last reviewed: May 1, 2018
Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health