PREVENTION THROUGH DESIGN
Partnerships and Collaborations
Partnerships are integral part of the NIOSH Prevention through Design (PtD) Program because they play a critical role in achieving outcomes. Input from customers and stakeholder groups, who have inherent knowledge and interest in the health and safety of workers in their respective sectors, informs the Program’s research priorities. Collaborative research with our partners provides added expertise or specialized experience to the research team. It also provides a means by which results can be disseminated.
NIOSH is currently partnering with many organizations representing industry, labor, government and others to advance health and safety research in the PtD Program.
Current partners include:
- American Industrial Hygiene Association
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- Association of Equipment Manufacturers
- Center for Construction Research and Training
- Kaiser Permanente
- Liberty Mutual
- National Safety Council
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- ORCSHE Strategies, LLC (formerly Mercer, ORC Worldwide™)
- Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering
These organizations may be research partners, users of our technology and scientific findings, peer reviewers, recipients of research grants and contracts, or sources of equipment, technology, or knowledge for advancing PtD research.
For information about partnering with the NIOSH Prevention through Design Program, contact the Prevention through Design Program Coordinator, Jonathan Bach, at JBach@cdc.gov.