POULTRY INDUSTRY WORKERS
Immigrant Worker Safety and Health in the Poultry Industry
Immigrant workers often constitute a significant proportion of the worker population on poultry farms and in poultry slaughter and processing facilities. Find out more about immigrant worker safety and health issues and comment at the NIOSH Science Blog.
Related Published Articles
- The Prevalence of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in Latino Poultry-Processing Workers and other Latino Manual Workers. J Occup Environ Med. 2012 Feb;54(2):198-201.external icon
- Using Lay Health Promoters in Occupational Health: Outcome Evaluation in a Sample of Latino Poultry-Processing Workers. New Solut 2009; 19(4):449-466.
- Evidence of Organizational Injustice in Poultry Processing Plants: Possible Effects on Occupational Health and Safety among Latino Workers in North Carolina. Am J Ind Med 2009; 52(1):37-48.
- Work-Family Conflict: Experiences and Health Implications among Immigrant Latinos. J Appl Psychol 2007; 92(4):1119-1130.
- The Organization of Work: Implications for Injury and Illness Among Immigrant Latino Poultry-Processing Workers. Arch Environ Occup Health 2007; 62(1):19-26.
- Illnesses and Injuries Reported by Latino Poultry Workers in Western North Carolina. Am J Ind Med 2006; 49(5):343-351.
- Dermatological Illnesses of Immigrant Poultry-Processing Workers in North Carolina. Arch Environ Occup Health 2005; 60(3):165-169.