Oil Spill Response Resources – Staying Safe and Healthy on the Job!
Staying Safe and Healthy on the Job!
Deepwater Horizon Response Workers
- Pay close attention to safety and health training.
- Use protective clothing, gloves, footwear and respirators as instructed.
- If you feel worried, sick or get injured, get medical attention.
- If you almost get injured, or see any unsafe condition, report that to your supervisor.
- Drink plenty of water before you come to work and drink water regularly while working.
- Take rest breaks in shady areas when possible.
- Pay attention to your stress level and get regular rest.
- If you wear a respirator and it gets soaked, damaged or becomes hard to breathe through, get another one.
- Look out for your buddy’s safety and health.
- Ask your supervisor if you have any safety or health questions.
Page last reviewed: May 15, 2018
Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health