OCCUPATIONAL HEARING LOSS (OHL) SURVEILLANCE
NIOSH Health Hazard Evaluation Program Noise Measurement Database
Includes noise measurement results collected during NIOSH health hazard evaluation (HHE) surveys from 1996 through 2012.
- NIOSH Practical Guide for Preventing Occupational Hearing Loss
- OSHA/NIOSH Safety and Health Information Bulletin: Preventing Hearing Loss Caused by Chemical (Ototoxicity) and Noise ExposureExternal
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine Guidance Statement on Occupational Noise-Induced Hearing LossExternal
- American Academy of Audiology Position Statement on Preventing Noise-Induced Occupational Hearing LossExternal
- NIOSH Criteria For a Recommended Standard: Occupational Noise Exposure
- American Industrial Hygiene Association Noise Manual, 5th EditionExternal
- Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation, Hearing Conservation Manual, 5th EditionExternal
NIOSH Workplace Safety and Health Topic: Noise and Hearing Loss Prevention
Includes information related to noise and OHL prevention for all industry sectors.
OSHA Safety and Health Topic: Occupational Noise ExposureExternal
Includes information on occupational noise, OHL prevention, current regulations and components of a hearing conservation program.
NIOSH Workplace and Safety Topic: Reproductive Health and the Workplace: Noise
Includes information on how workplace noise can affect pregnancy and developing babies.
NIOSH Office of Mine Safety and Health Research Topic: Hearing Loss Prevention Overview
Includes information related to OHL prevention in the Mining industry sector.
National Hearing Conservation Association (NHCA)External
A private organization of audiologists, industrial hygienists, engineers, and others with a mission to prevent hearing loss due to environmental factors such as noise.
Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC)External
A council comprised of representatives from health organizations with an objective to prevent OHL by providing education and guidance on the successful implementation of an occupational hearing conservation program.
NIOSH Hearing Protector Device Compendium
A database containing information on commercial hearing protector device features to aid in selection of protectors for specific situations.
NIOSH Hearing Loss Prevention Cross-Sector Research Program Description
Includes the cross-sector program description, strategic goals and outputs.
North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)External
The standard system used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments related to the U.S. business economy.
Page last reviewed: April 5, 2018
Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health