OCCUPATIONAL HEARING LOSS (OHL) SURVEILLANCE
- NIOSH Health Hazard Evaluation Program Noise Measurement Database
Includes noise measurement results collected during NIOSH health hazard evaluation (HHE) surveys from 1996 through 2012.
- NIOSH Practical Guide for Preventing Occupational Hearing Loss
- OSHA/NIOSH Safety and Health Information Bulletin: Preventing Hearing Loss Caused by Chemical (Ototoxicity) and Noise Exposureexternal icon
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine Guidance Statement on Occupational Noise-Induced Hearing Lossexternal icon
- American Academy of Audiology Position Statement on Preventing Noise-Induced Occupational Hearing Lossexternal icon
- NIOSH Criteria For a Recommended Standard: Occupational Noise Exposure
- American Industrial Hygiene Association Noise Manual, 5th Editionexternal icon
- Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation, Hearing Conservation Manual, 5th Editionexternal icon
- NIOSH Workplace Safety and Health Topic: Noise and Hearing Loss Prevention
Includes information related to noise and OHL prevention for all industry sectors.
- OSHA Safety and Health Topic: Occupational Noise Exposureexternal icon
Includes information on occupational noise, OHL prevention, current regulations and components of a hearing conservation program.
- NIOSH Workplace and Safety Topic: Reproductive Health and the Workplace: Noise
Includes information on how workplace noise can affect pregnancy and developing babies.
- NIOSH Office of Mine Safety and Health Research Topic: Hearing Loss Prevention Overview
Includes information related to OHL prevention in the Mining industry sector.
- National Hearing Conservation Association (NHCA)external icon
A private organization of audiologists, industrial hygienists, engineers, and others with a mission to prevent hearing loss due to environmental factors such as noise.
- Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC)external icon
A council comprised of representatives from health organizations with an objective to prevent OHL by providing education and guidance on the successful implementation of an occupational hearing conservation program.
- NIOSH Hearing Protector Device Compendium
A database containing information on commercial hearing protector device features to aid in selection of protectors for specific situations.
- NIOSH Hearing Loss Prevention Cross-Sector Research Program Description
Includes the cross-sector program description, strategic goals and outputs.
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)external icon
The standard system used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments related to the U.S. business economy.
Page last reviewed: April 5, 2018
Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health