INFLUENZA (FLU) IN THE WORKPLACE
Guidance for Preventing Seasonal Influenza in the Workplace
This page includes links to websites which provide advice about protecting workers from seasonal influenza in the workplace. While each workplace is unique, and a worker’s risk for occupational exposure to influenza can vary widely depending on the nature of their job, workplaces should:
- Promote influenza vaccination among workers.
- Encourage proper hand and respiratory hygiene practices.
- Educate workers on influenza signs and symptoms.
- Inform workers on what to do if they get sick.
CDC/NIOSH Workplace Guidance
Note: Links to Web sites external to NIOSH do not constitute NIOSH endorsement of the sponsoring organizations or their programs or products. Furthermore, NIOSH is not responsible for the content of these Web sites.
The Joint Commission Report: Implementing Hospital Respiratory Protection Programs: Strategies from the Field
- Page last reviewed: March 28, 2018
- Page last updated: December 29, 2016
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Office of the Director