EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
In An Emergency
If you believe that someone has been exposed to a biological or chemical agent, or if you believe an intentional biological threat will occur or is occurring, please contact your local health department and/or your local police or other law enforcement agency.
- Alphabetical listing (by state) of regional poison control centers.
U.S. Poison Control Center Members (American Association of Poison Control Centers) External
- Alphabetical listing (by state and county) of State Health Departments.
State Health Departments (CDC)
- Alphabetical listing (by city) of FBI Field Offices.
FBI Field Office InformationExternal
- Alphabetical listing (by state) of Emergency Management agencies.
State Offices and Agencies of Emergency Management (FEMA) External
- The NRC is the sole federal point of contact for reporting oil and chemical spills.
National Response CenterExternal
- Contacts for use by state and local health officials and healthcare providers, emergency notification procedures, and First Responders Information.
Other Emergency Contacts and Emergency Notification Procedures (CDC)
- Particular steps can be taken to minimize the effects of terrorists’ attacks. The following page provides advice to be protected in case of an emergencies.
- NIOSH offers additional resources associated to different types of emergencies varying from chemical safety to radiation. Resources may include factsheets, information, reports and links to external organizations.