RESPIRATORY HEALTH AT WORK
Providing national and international leadership for preventing work-related respiratory diseases and optimizing the respiratory health of workers by generating new knowledge and transferring that knowledge into practice.
New Publications and Projects
- Interstitial lung diseases in the U.S. mining industry: using MSHA data to examine trends and the prevention effects of compliance with health regulations, 1996-2015.
- Tobacco and other occupational exposures among hookah bar workers
- CDC Science Clips: Top 10 Respiratory Articles
- Fatal chlorine gas exposure at a metal recycling facility: case report.
- Future of exposure assessment in occupational health studies.
- Asthma medication use among adults with current asthma by work-related asthma status, Asthma Call-back Survey, 29 states, 2012-2013.
- Ambulance disinfection using ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI): effects of fixture location and surface reflectivity.
NIOSH Science Blog Posts
Information on lung function testing (spirometry), training course requirements, and monitoring technology
National statistics, state-based surveillance, and worker medical monitoring
Patient health records that incorporate work-related information
Get Email Updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: May 8, 2018
- Page last updated: August 7, 2018
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Respiratory Health Division