RESPIRATORY HEALTH AT WORK
Providing national and international leadership for preventing work-related respiratory diseases and optimizing the respiratory health of workers by generating new knowledge and transferring that knowledge into practice.
New Publications and Projects
- Occupational exposures and sub-clinical interstitial lung disease: the MESA (Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis) air and lung studies.
- Current asthma and asthma-like symptoms among workers at a Veterans Administration Medical Center
- Ambulance Disinfection using Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation-Article
- Health problems and disinfectant product exposure among staff at a large multi-specialty hospital.
- Respiratory morbidity among US coal miners in states outside of central Appalachia.
- Controlling Respirable Dust in Coal Mining Operations
- Smart Ventilation to Control Airborne Pollutants and Physical Stressors in Underground Metal/Nonmetal Mines
NIOSH Science Blog Posts
Information on lung function testing (spirometry), training course requirements, and monitoring technology
National statistics, state-based surveillance, and worker medical monitoring
Patient health records that incorporate work-related information
Get Email Updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: January 26, 2017
- Page last updated: November 30, 2017
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Respiratory Health Division