Prevention through Design Program
NIOSH is strongly committed to program evaluation as a way to maximize its contributions to improved occupational safety and health. Regular review of program activities, outputs, and outcomes is essential to demonstrating program performance. The Prevention through Design program conducts reviews and shares program impact in a variety of ways.
Program Performance One-pager
Program Performance One-Pagers (PPOPs) are a snapshot of NIOSH programs’ priorities, strategies used to make progress towards priorities, recent accomplishments, and upcoming work.
Impact Sheets briefly describe an occupational safety or health hazard, the specific NIOSH or NIOSH-funded research activity that was conducted to address the hazard, the resulting impact or recommendations, and relevant statistics.
- NIOSH and Partners Work to Prevent Worker Deaths from Exposures to Hydrocarbon Gases and Vapors at Oil and Gas Wellsites DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2017-110
- NIOSH-Funded Program and Stakeholders Work to Prevent Falls from Temporary Wooden Platforms on Bridge Decks DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2015-190
- NIOSH Research Improves Equipment Design to Protect Firefighters DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2015-183
- PFD Manufacturer Adopts NIOSH Research into Product Development Process DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2015-119
- NIOSH Partners with Organizations and Industry to Reduce Aviation Fatalities in Alaska DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2013-137
- Approaches to Safe Nanotechnology: Document Provides Guidance to Protect Nanotechnology Workers DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2011-206
- NIOSH Light-Emitting Diode (LED) Cap Lamp Improves Illumination and Decreases Injury Risk for Underground Miners DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2011-192
- NIOSH Continues Research to Improve Safety for Ambulance Service Workers and EMS Responders DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2011-190
- Improved Safety for Truck Drivers: Designing Safer Cabs Based on Driver Body Dimensions DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2011-188
- NIOSH-funded Program Contributes to a New Massachusetts Law to Protect the Health and Safety of Floor Finishing Workers DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2011-181
- NIOSH Researchers Partner with Equipment Manufacturers and Standards Committees to Protect Workers from Falls DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2010-166
- NIOSH Research Demonstrates the Effectiveness of No-Nose Bicycle Seats in Reducing Groin Pressure and Improving Sexual Health DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2010-163
- NIOSH Research Recommendations are Incorporated into National Standards to Enhance Protection for EMS Responders DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2010-161
- Page last reviewed: August 18, 2017
- Page last updated: August 18, 2017
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Education and Information Division