PERSONAL PROTECTIVE TECHNOLOGY
NOTE: This page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Outputs: Respirator Certification
Respirator certifications are a significant output of the PPT Program. Some statistics regarding the Respirator Certification Program are provided here.
Respirator Certification from 1972 - July 31, 2008
|Type of Respirator||Total Certified|
|13F - Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)||549|
|14G - Gas Masks||191|
|19C - Supplied-Air Respirators (SAR)||376|
|21C - Particulate Respirators||678|
|23C - Chemical Cartridge Respirator||2304|
|84A - Particulate Filter Respirator||4618|
|CBRN Air-Purifying Respirators (CBRN/APER) / Sub Category of 14G||5|
|CBRN Air-Purifying Respirators (CBRN/APR) / Sub Category of 14G||11|
|CBRN Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) / Sub Category of 13F||59|
|Chemical Cartridge Respirator (CBRN Loose-Fitting PAPR) Sub Category of 23C||2|
|Chemical Cartridge Respirator (CBRN Tight-Fitting PAPR) Sub Category of 14G||9|
Respirator Certification Resources
NIOSH Respirator Topic Page
- Approved CBRN APR/APER Respirators
- Approved CBRN PAPR Respirators
- Approved CBRN SCBA Respirators
- Certified Equipment List
- Standard Testing Procedures (STPs)
- Respirator User Notices
- Manufacturer Respirator Certification Support
Respirator Standards Development
- CBRN Standards
- Other Respirator Standards
Fire Fighter Information
- PASS Information
Guidance and Resources for Smoke in the Operating Room
- MultiVapor Beta Version 2.2.3 Application
MultiVapor is a computer tool for estimating breakthrough times and service lives of air-purifying respirator cartridges manufactured to remove toxic organic vapors from breathed air.
NOTE: Breakthrough expired at the end of 2007. It is replaced by MultiVapor.
DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2005-125 (2005)
The program is intended as a tool to help an industrial hygienist or other qualified person to set cartridge change-out schedules.
- Self-Contained Self-Rescuers (SCSR), Inspection, Maintenance, and Use - Interactive Training Course (MSHA Web site)
- Page last reviewed: May 23, 2011 (archived document)
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory