Communication and Information Dissemination: Tools
Communication Tools and Resources
The Communication and Dissemination Cross-Sector Portfolio Program uses the following tools and resources developed by the agency and other partners:
- National Cancer Instituteexternal icon and the National Institutes of Healthexternal icon
- Making Health Communication Programs Work – A Planners Guideexternal icon – the Pink Book, a guide communication program planning.
- Theory at a Glancepdf iconexternal icon – a guide for health promotion practice using theories about human behavior to inform program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- CDCynergy – a multimedia CD-ROM used for planning, managing, and evaluating public health communication programs.
- CDC Formative Research Archiveexternal icon – a searchable collection of reports and research methods such as focus groups and in-depth interviews on topics from antecedents of health behaviors to audience reactions to draft messages.
- HHS Prevention Communication Research Databaseexternal icon – searchable by topic, audience, methodology and more.
- The Global Environmental and Occupational Health E-Libraryexternal icon (GeoLibrary) – a searchable collection of training materials and practice tools.
Page last reviewed: March 28, 2018
Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health