PREVENTION THROUGH DESIGN
NOTE: This page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Inputs: Emerging Issues
Four emerging issues related to PtD have been identified. They are:
- Include worker health and safety principles in sustainable design and construction practices;
- Work with US Green Building Council to include PtD principles in LEED certification;
- Evaluate specific green design elements for potential H&S hazards/risks and develop a plan to reduce potential hazards/risks;
- Incorporate PtD principles in the development of guidelines for the safe handling of engineered nanomaterials.
- Page last reviewed: December 19, 2012 (archived document)
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Education and Information Division