

US Department of Health and Human Services  
Centers for Disease Control  
National Institute for Occupational Safety and  
Health  
Advisory Board on Radiation and Worker Health  
144th Meeting  
Wednesday, February 16, 2022

The meeting convened via Video Teleconference at  
11:00 a.m. EST, Henry A. Anderson, Chair, presiding.

**NEAL R. GROSS**

COURT REPORTERS AND TRANSCRIBERS  
1716 14TH ST. NW, STE. 200

(202) 234-4433

WASHINGTON, D.C. 20009-4309

<https://www.nealrgross.com>

Members Present:

Henry A. Anderson, Chair  
Josie Beach, Member  
Bradley P. Clawson, Member  
R. William Field, Member  
David Kotelchuck, Member  
James E. Lockey, Member  
Genevieve S. Roessler, Member  
Phillip Schofield, Member  
Loretta Valerio, Member  
Paul L. Ziemer, Member

Also Present:

Roberts, Rashaun, Designated Federal Official  
Adams, Nancy, NIOSH Contractor  
Barrie, Terrie, ANWAG  
Barton, Bob, SC&A  
Behling, Kathleen, SC&A  
Black, Finn, SC&A  
Buchanan, Ron, SC&A  
Burgos, Zaida, NIOSH  
Calhoun, Grady, DCAS  
Fitzgerald, Joe, SC&A  
Gogliotti, Rose, SC&A  
McGolerick, Robert, HHS OGC  
Nelson, Chuck, ORAU Team  
Rafky, Michael, HHS OGC  
Rutherford, LaVon, DCAS  
Taulbee, Tim, DCAS

## Contents

US Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Advisory Board on Radiation and Worker Health 144th Meeting Wednesday, February 16, 2022	1
Call to Order	4
Roll Call	4
Special Exposure Cohort (SEC) Petition Status Update	5
Updates from Work Groups and Subcommittees	14
Dose Reconstruction	14
URAWE	14
Procedures Subcommittee	14
Sandia	15
Rocky Flats	16
Savannah River	16
LANL	18
Plans for the April 2022 Board Meeting	19
Adjourn	25

## Proceedings

(11:00 a.m.)

### Call to Order

Dr. Roberts: Good morning, everybody.

It's time for me to officially open this meeting. Welcome.

I'm Rashaun Roberts. I'm the DFO for the Advisory Board on Radiation and Worker Health.

Let me just get through a couple of preliminaries for the meeting.

The agenda is posted on the NIOSH website under the schedule of meetings for February, and you can go to the website to access it, if you need to.

Since this is purely a telephonic meeting, we need to kind of keep things moving forward without interruption. And I would ask each of you to please mute your phone, unless, obviously, you're speaking. So, if you don't have a mute button, press \*6 to mute. To take yourself off, it's \*6 again.

And because we'll be unable to see each other for the meeting, just identify yourself before comments or questions.

So, with that, I'd like to formally start, and then, get our roll call moving.

We don't need to address conflict of interest because this is more of an administrative meeting, primarily to prepare for our April 27th-to-28th Board meeting, which will be taking place virtually.

So, with that said, I'll start with roll call in alphabetical order.

### Roll Call

(Roll call.)

Dr. Roberts: Okay. Well, thank you, everyone. Again, welcome.

Let's go ahead and move into the agenda.

But, before that, I just want to remind everybody to make sure that you're on mute. You may periodically just need to check your phone in case it came off mute. Again, if there's no mute button, press \*6, and \*6 again to unmute.

So, with that, I'm going to turn the floor over to Andy, our Board Chair.

So, Andy, over to you.

Chair Anderson: Thank you, Rashaun.

I appreciated all the weather reports from around the country.

So, let's begin. Our first agenda item is Grady giving us an update on the Cybersecurity Modernization Initiative.

Grady?

Mr. Calhoun: Well, hi there. What I'd like to do, if it's okay, is just, could I pass the buck to Mr. Nelson first? Because he's got to go somewhere. And then, I'll go right after him, if that's okay.

Chair Anderson: That's fine. Go ahead, Chuck.

Mr. Calhoun: Okay.

Mr. Nelson: Thank you, Doctor.

Dr. Roberts: This is a special cohort petition status update, since we can't see it.

Go ahead.

Special Exposure Cohort (SEC) Petition Status  
Update

Mr. Nelson: Yes, thank you, Dr. Anderson.

Good morning, everyone. I guess it's morning most places.

Yes, I'm going to give you an SEC update. It will be rather brief. I don't have a whole lot to report.

We will not be presenting any SEC petition evaluations at the April Board meeting. At this time, we also do not have any petitioners currently under evaluation and expect that the Work Group Chairs will provide updates today, as needed. Current, ongoing SEC petitions with the Advisory Board.

That's pretty much all I had to report today, which is not much of anything.

And are there any questions?

Chair Anderson: Just, Chuck, a quick question. When was the last time a new petition was received?

Mr. Nelson: That would have been the Pinellas petition. I believe that was the last one --

Chair Anderson: Okay.

Mr. Nelson: -- if I'm not mistaken.

Chair Anderson: Any other questions or comments?

Okay. We'll go back to Grady then.

Mr. Calhoun: All right. Thank you for indulging me on that one.

Basically, we continue to work on our short-term methods to get dose reconstructions out, as well as enable people to work on SEC petition evaluations. So, those are our top priorities.

What we're getting done as far as dose reconstruction reports, you may remember that, at previous Board meetings, I used to -- and even at the last one, I showed what we call "age of cases." And basically, what we do is we track how long a dose reconstruction resides in DCAS from the time it's

received from the Department of Labor until the time the draft dose reconstruction goes out to the claimants.

And so, our goal has always been to -- well, at least in the last five years or so -- has been to get dose reconstructions completed, approved, and sent to the claimants within five months of receiving the last bit of data. And the last bit of data that's required could be dosimetry data from the Department of Energy. It could be a clarification from the Department of Labor, or it could be getting the claimant interviews completed.

And what we've seen is that, when the pause started, we had a fairly significant rise in the number, in the age of those cases. It started, if you look at the background, May of 2021. Those cases, the residence time of the cases in our shop, the number of cases rose significantly. And then, right around October, it started going down, and that's pretty much because we started getting the manual processes in place, but there's still enough to get cases out the door.

And so, we're to the point now where we're pretty much back to where we were prior to the pause. So, we have very, very few cases that exceed five months in our area after the last dose reconstruction has been done. So, that's good news.

And we're continuing to make progress on that. There really is no longer any kind of a, quote, "backlog" of cases. So, we're getting the cases done at a slightly higher rate than we're getting them in, overall, and ORAU is working hard to increase that production as they can. But we're getting to the point where we will run out of workable cases because we don't have enough data, and that's a good thing. That's where we want to be.

So, that's where we are with dose reconstructions, and we continue to process the expedited claims, as we have ever since the beginning of the pause. So, that's not been an issue.

We're still managing to get information into the secure area for the Advisory Board and SC&A to review. We're doing that on a case-by-case basis, as you guys request it. And that seems to be going fairly well. I know that we've got big chunks of data from a few of the sites in there, so that we can look at information to evaluate SECs. And that's how it's going to continue for a while.

So, as the Board needs that information, we'll dump that into the virtual volume or secure space. And that's usually done through Lori Marion-Moss. I think that she's working really well with you guys. So, that's how that's going so far.

And we're also getting users access to this virtual volume, as requested. So, people from SC&A and the Advisory Board are getting access to that. And we're going to continue with that, try to get you guys everything you need as quickly as we can get it to you.

From a long-term standpoint, we're still documenting our, quote, "needs" for what we need to replace what was NOCTS and all of the applications that were associated with that. So, that's still in the documentation stage. I don't foresee us getting anything like NOCTS for a very long time, but we're still able to get through as we can. So, that's where we are with that at this point.

And I'll be glad to answer any questions anyone has.

Chair Anderson: Just a quick question. Is there a timeline for this?

Mr. Calhoun: No. If you're talking about the long term, there's no --

Chair Anderson: I mean, we know when it started, but I would hope that they have at least a presumptive timeline of when things will start to come online. Is it going to be a stepwise thing? Or is it going to be you don't get anything until you flip the



switch and it all (audio interference)?

Mr. Calhoun: No. What we're doing in this, what we'll call, the short-term applications is we are doing that in stepwise fashion. So, we're trying to add functionality as we can to try to get things done in a more automated fashion.

As far as the long-term plans go, the documentation that I referred to is a step. Our ODIT group needs documentation, basically, so that somebody who wasn't associated with the program could look at this documentation and decide what we need.

So, once they get that information compiled, then they make a decision on, do we buy an application that can do everything we do? Do we build a custom application that can do everything we do? Or do we just hold on?

Well, obviously, we're not going to hold on because that's not acceptable. So, there's going to have to be a determination of whether we build that application or buy an application. And right now, it seems like there's not going to be anything commercially available for us. So, we're going to have to build an application. So, once the documentation gets complete, ODIT will be involved in making that determination on building or buying, and then, we will get more a definitive schedule, I hope.

Chair Anderson: Okay. I guess, any other questions for Board members?

If not, I have a question for Board members of how has it been going? I know I want to thank Rose for the trainings that she's done to get us kind of the short-term access issues. I want to know, how has that been working?

Member Beach: Henry, this is Josie. This is Josie.

I was going to say this during our next section on Subcommittees and Work Group announcements.

But we met yesterday. And if you have access to virtual volumes, if you're able to move through it, it actually is not a bad system. You can go in and copy and put things into your own folder, so you can go back at any time and review things.

So, for me, personally, with the Subcommittee for Procedures, Lori has worked really well with us, and Kathy, putting what we need. I mean, we were asking for things yesterday. So far, it's working fine. You have to know what to ask for, though, I'm assuming.

Chair Anderson: Yes.

Member Beach: So, once you have access, you can move through it fairly easily.

Chair Anderson: Yes.

Member Beach: So, I'm happy with it so far, yes.

Chair Anderson: Yes, I got in and did a little bit. It will take a while, at least for me, to really make it work. More, I think, it's a problem on CDC computer. Still working on getting things updated.

Member Beach: Yes, that is definitely an issue if it's not.

Chair Anderson: Any other Committee Chairs have had a need to get in and look at things?

Member Kotelchuck: Well, for the Dose Reconstruction Reviews, Rose has been really very helpful, and we can get access and the trainings that she gave were excellent. So, I think we're in good shape --

Chair Anderson: Okay. Good.

Member Kotelchuck: -- for our Subcommittee.

Member Clawson: This is Brad. I do have one question, though, Andy.

You know, these computers and stuff that we got

years ago, with all the new updates and everything coming out, I am seeing that my computer is not functioning as well as it should. Are they looking into, because of all these new requirements and everything else like that, are they looking at maybe updating these computers?

I guess that would be a question for you, Rashaun.

Dr. Roberts: Yes, that's a good question. I know, for those of us who are FTEs, we periodically get updated computers. We get our computers replaced with new ones. I'm not completely sure about this.

Zaida, are you on? Are you able to shed any light on computer replacement?

Okay. She's not there, but that's something that (audio interference).

Can you hear me?

Member Clawson: And the reason that I brought this up (audio interference.)

Somebody's having a little trouble there.

The reason I brought this up is because every time I've gone to get my security badge, and stuff like that, I always tie into the network system and go forth through there. And the individuals that have been helping me with that have been telling me that we need to request a newer version of our computers because they're just not -- they can't function right. They're not -- they don't have the capabilities that are now being required of it.

So, I just thought I'd put that into your ear to think about. Because, especially when this system gets up and running, it is going to even need more than we're capable of doing now.

Dr. Roberts: Right. Yes. So, yes, just be in touch. I know that other Board members have recently replaced their computers. So, if you are having

trouble, get in contact with me and Zaida and we can go from there.

Member Clawson: Okay. That sounds good. Thanks. Yes.

Member Kotelchuck: I'm Dave. I'm happy to report that -- I was unhappy to report that my old computer crashed, but CDC sent me a new one and things are working well. So, if you have a list of folks who are having troubles, maybe they can at least replace those. Folks like me are in good shape.

Member Clawson: Well, all of this, I know that Josie, myself, and everything else like that, we got computers several years ago. But what I'm seeing, as I'm talking with the individuals, that these don't have the capabilities of what are going to be required of them. So, you know, that's something that we may want to look at, Rashaun, and I'll get with you and we'll go from there.

Dr. Roberts: Okay. Great.

Member Beach: Well, this is Josie.

I was going to check -- sorry, Rashaun. I was going to say, typically, our replacement comes when they crash. There's no schedule for it. If it stops working, then we send it in. These are not the best --

Dr. Roberts: Okay. Yes. Okay. Well, then, let me just reiterate, if you are having trouble, just follow up with me and Zaida and we can work on it with you.

Member Clawson: Okay. Sounds good. Thank you.

Chair Anderson: Any other questions/comments people have?

We can move into the Work Groups/Subcommittees reports.

Ms. Gogliotti: Andy, this is Rose.

Chair Anderson: Yes?

Ms. Gogliotti: Is there some value in me continuing doing the training before meetings? I'm happy to do it. And I know I've been doing them about a week before all the meetings.

Chair Anderson: Yes.

Ms. Gogliotti: Do people find that beneficial? Do people know how to use it now, all that stuff?

Chair Anderson: Well, it certainly was for me, and I appreciated that. Now that I have the hard copy of the directions, I don't have to try to -- I forget various steps.

So, I don't know. How do others feel? Has everybody gone through the training?

Member Clawson: No, I haven't, but -- this is Brad - - I haven't, but I've been able, I've got in once or twice before, but I just need to sit down with Rose. She has offered to give me some help there. So, I'll take care of that.

Member Beach: Yes, Rose, this is Josie.

I would say maybe on a one-on-one basis is where you're at possibly. It's very helpful, though.

Ms. Gogliotti: Okay. I would be pleased -- if you need help, don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Member Ziemer: This is Ziemer.

Can you remind us what is covered in the training?

Ms. Gogliotti: I go over how to access files in the portal, as well as just how to access the portal in general, and troubleshooting, best practices.

Member Beach: One of the big things for me, Paul, was making sure my computer was ready to go that direction, also, because there's some new changes that you have to -- the Zscaler, or things like that, they weren't intuitive. But now, they are. So, just things like that.

Member Ziemer: Right. Thank you.

Member Clawson: A hard copy would be handy, you know, if the computer would get it updated.

Chair Anderson: Okay. Rose, I think we'll wait for people to, hopefully, call and let you know what they need. I think if you're sort of standby-ready before meetings, when people may be going back in to try to be sure they have looked over the documents that we're going to be reviewing and talking about.

Ms. Gogliotti: Okay. Sounds good.

#### Updates from Work Groups and Subcommittees

Chair Anderson: Any Work Group updates? Subcommittees?

#### Dose Reconstruction

Member Kotelchuck: Again, on Dose Reconstruction -- Dave -- and Dose Reconstruction Reviews, we're fine. We have a scheduled meeting coming up on April 20th, before our Board meeting. And we're going to be reviewing, also, Rose's SC&A document on summary dose reconstruction information.

So, possibly, we will have something to report to the Board the next week regarding that, regarding some ways to change the selection or improve the selection process by focusing a little bit more on certain plants or sites. So, we will be meeting on the 20th, and possibly -- possibly -- give a short report during our Board meeting.

#### URAWE

Chair Anderson: Okay. And I can report on the URAWE group. We have a review of the Reduction Pilot Plant tomorrow. So, Members, don't forget to go into that one. That will be a Zoom meeting, I believe.

#### Procedures Subcommittee

Member Beach: Andy, this is Josie.

The Procedures Work Group or Subcommittee met yesterday. We had a full agenda, and we did not make it through our full agenda at the end of the day. So, we do have some topics for the next meeting. We'll be scheduling that fairly soon.

And we have seven I believe we're going to continue on reporting to the full Board the closed-out procedures that the Subcommittee has closed out in our meeting. So, we will prepare seven to present to the Board in April.

Chair Anderson: So, you'll have another meeting before the April?

Member Beach: No. Well, I'm not sure. We ran out of time. Rashaun will be sending out a list for dates. And probably in the next two to three months we'll have another meeting, just to continue on.

Chair Anderson: Okay. We'll talk more about the agenda for April, but if you have things that are getting near completion, it would be nice if we could. I think we'll have time to be able to review a lot of your things and move them forward.

Member Beach: Okay. I think we earmarked seven. So, I don't know that we'd want to do any more than that. But we could certainly talk about it, if there's extra time.

Chair Anderson: Yes.

Other groups?

Sandia is scheduled again, and I think LANL as well, Work Groups.

Sandia

Member Beach: I haven't seen anything come through for Sandia. Are we expecting that? That's coming right up, I think March 3rd.

Chair Anderson: Yes.

## Rocky Flats

Member Kotelchuck: Dave again.

We recently got an updated PER for Rocky Flats. I assume that our Work Group -- we haven't scheduled a meeting, but I assume our Work Group needs to meet and talk about that, right? The Rocky Flats Working Group. Is that correct?

Dr. Roberts: Sure. Dave, this is Rashaun. I can --

Mr. Barton: Yes, this is Bob with SC&A. I'm sorry, go ahead.

Dr. Roberts: No, go ahead, Bob.

Mr. Barton: I was just going to say I think, Dr. Kotelchuck, you're referring to -- we did a review of the most recent TBD which was released recently.

Member Kotelchuck: Oh, yes. Right, right.

Mr. Barton: So, it would probably be appropriate for the Rocky Flats Work Group to meet and discuss that. And I don't think there's anything too contentious in that review. I think it can probably close out a lot of the issues pretty easily. But I do think it would be appropriate, when available, to schedule a Work Group meeting, Rocky Flats.

Member Kotelchuck: Okay. Very good. Well, then, for folks in the Work Group, we'll be scheduling, I'll be scheduling that. I'll talk with Rashaun and we'll be scheduling something in the near future, probably after the April Board meeting.

## Savannah River

Member Clawson: Sounds good.

Hey, this is Brad.

Bob, while you're on the phone, so where are you at with that report that you were doing for Savannah River? I got notified that it was in the process.



Mr. Barton: Yes, that's correct, Brad. Well, right now, we have sent it off to DOE for their signoff on classification reviews, and all that jazz. And we're sort of beholden to their workload and when they can get it back to us. But, essentially, right now, the report is essentially finished.

I'm not sure if Joe's on the line and wants to comment on this, but we're just getting the next steps, like the 508 compliance, and obviously, getting it cleared through DOE and getting our presentations together. So, you should be hearing on that pretty soon, definitely before the April meeting; that's for sure.

Member Clawson: Okay.

Mr. Barton: I'm hoping, basically, in the next couple of weeks we'd have that ready for you all to review.

Member Clawson: Okay.

Chair Anderson: Other Committees?

Member Beach: Can we go back to Sandia really quick? That meeting is on March 3rd. Is there some documents coming out for that meeting?

Mr. Barton: I know we're still working on getting our presentations for that meeting -- again, compliance for posting on the website.

The report, though, the last report from us was actually from back in January. There might be an "official use only" copy, because I believe, again, we're still trying to get the report in a publicly available posting with all the (audio interference) --

Member Beach: Good.

Mr. Barton: -- which is very complex these days. Our report, I believe, went out January 10th, or somewhere around that date.

Member Beach: Oh, okay.

Mr. Fitzgerald: Yes, Josie, this is --

Member Beach: Oh, go ahead.

Mr. Fitzgerald: Yes, Josie, Joe Fitzgerald.

Yes, that's correct. I mean, the report's done. It just needs to be posted, and the presentation material is going to be ready. So, we'll be prepared.

Member Beach: Okay. I was just wondering if that was something that could be put into the virtual volume, so we could look at that ahead of time.

Mr. Fitzgerald: Possibly. I guess the mechanics -- we can certainly check into that.

Member Beach: Okay. That would be helpful. Thank you, Joe and Bob.

I can talk about LANL, Andy, if that's okay.

Chair Anderson: Yes, go ahead.

#### LANL

Member Beach: We have two reports that are coming. We have one report out, and the second one for LANL, I believe that should be out very soon. And we have a Work Group meeting scheduled for March 23rd for NIOSH to present the two reports, and then, the tasking will go to SC&A. So, it's more of an informational Work Group meeting.

I don't think those have posted, either, to the virtual volumes, have they? Is LaVon on?

Mr. Rutherford: Yes, I'm on.

Yes, actually, we can get those in the virtual volume. I think 102, the report that was released, is in the virtual volume, and I can make sure it's available to the Work Group.

101, we just completed another PI review because we made some edits. And it's ready to go out. It

should be any day available to the Work Group, and then, posted on the web. But I will make sure both reports get in there. And as soon as our presentations are done, my presentations are done, we'll get those in as well.

Member Beach: Okay. Thank you.

Chair Anderson: Rashaun, is there a comprehensive calendar of all of the meetings and things somewhere?

Dr. Roberts: Yes, I keep that. I do keep that --

Chair Anderson: Yes, but, I mean, for --

Dr. Roberts: I send that to Zaida, who sends out the meeting notifications for everybody.

Chair Anderson: Yes.

Dr. Roberts: But, yes, I keep a schedule.

Chair Anderson: Okay. Other Work Groups?

Rashaun, any other updates?

Dr. Roberts: Not in terms of Work Groups from me, but we can talk about planning the April 27th-to-28th meeting, if you're done with this section.

Chair Anderson: Any other comments or questions I have on the Work Groups?

Okay. Well, let's talk about April.

#### Plans for the April 2022 Board Meeting

Dr. Roberts: Okay. Great.

So I wanted to let everybody know that we are due for our annual ethics training for the full Board. And so, I am in the process of working with the ethics folks to try to arrange whether or not the sessions can occur on April 27th or April 28th. Typically, we do that around 11:00 a.m. Eastern, but I'll be in

touch about that training session. But I did just want to give you all a heads-up that we will be doing the ethics session ahead of one of those sessions on the 27th or the 28th.

So, in terms of agenda items, we'll have the standard opening of the meeting; a program update from Grady, which I have slotted for 15 minutes.

But, Grady, does that sound about right to you?

Mr. Calhoun: Sorry, I had to get off mute.

Yes, I think that's fine.

Dr. Roberts: Okay. And, of course, we will have the DOL and DOE program updates to follow that.

Then, Josie, I have that we need to put an item on for Procedures review finalization document approval. And yesterday, I heard that you needed about 75 to maybe 90 minutes for that.

Member Beach: Correct. Correct.

Dr. Roberts: Okay. So, that's still the case.

And, Dave, there will be an item for the Subcommittee on Dose Reconstruction review. How much time do you think you would need for that?

Dave? Okay, Dave, I'm not sure if you're on mute.

Member Kotelchuck: Sorry. I'm sorry, I was on mute. I didn't realize.

Yes, I would say 15 or 20 minutes. That's just a brief update.

Dr. Roberts: Okay. So, 15 or 20 minutes. Great.

Also, there is a placeholder for SEC petition status update. It doesn't sound like there's going to be a lot there, but, Grady or LaVon, if you could let me know if 15 minutes --

Mr. Calhoun: Yes, 15 minutes will be plenty of time, yes, I'm sure.

Dr. Roberts: Okay. Okay. Perfect.

Then, we have some upcoming Work Group meetings, as has been mentioned. And I'm assuming that we will need to add updates to the agenda for URAWE for the Reduction Pilot Plant, Sandia, and also, LANL, I have down. And it may just be hard to determine at this point how much time we would need for that. But if any of the Chairs for those Work Groups have some general sense of how long we would need, it would be great to get that information.

Chair Anderson: We should have that shortly after the meetings.

Dr. Roberts: Okay. Yes. The problem with the meetings that are occurring a little bit later is that we'll be beyond the FRN notice. So, what I can do is just maybe schedule a 30-minute window, or something, for those? Thirty to 45 minutes?

Chair Anderson: We'll certainly have something for the Reduction Plant, I would assume.

Dr. Roberts: Yes, that's fine.

Chair Anderson: And that's tomorrow. So, that ought to give plenty of lead time. Now, LANL, I'm not sure. That's going to be pretty close.

Dr. Roberts: Josie, do you have any --

Chair Anderson: Yes, I think schedule it; put in some time. Then, we can always adjust that time.

Dr. Roberts: Right. Exactly. Okay. So, I was thinking maybe 30 to 45 minutes for each Work Group update.

And then, of course, we have an hour for the Board work session. That's typically the amount of time we do for that.

And then, we will have a public comment period

that's an hour on the first day.

Chair Anderson: Rashaun, I think I heard you say earlier that this is going to be virtual?

Dr. Roberts: Yes, it's going to be virtual. And the reason is that, you know, when we were in January, which is when we would have started to need to identify hotels and set up contracts, and things like that, COVID cases were on the upswing, and we just weren't completely certain if we would be seeing a downward trend, which we have been seeing. But, because we've kind of missed that window for getting contracts and things in place for an in-person meeting, this will be virtual.

Chair Anderson: Okay.

Dr. Roberts: Okay. Great.

So are there any items that I missed that people think should be included on the agenda?

Okay. Great. Well, hearing none, I think that does it for this portion.

Ms. Adams: Rashaun, this is Nancy.

Dr. Roberts: Yes, mm-hmm?

Ms. Adams: Zaida emailed me. She tried to respond to the question about the computer replacement, but, for whatever reason, nobody could hear her.

The Board, if they are having problems with their computers, to call the IT help desk. And then if the IT help desk can't help, then they will send a replacement. So that's the process.

Dr. Roberts: Okay. Okay. Great. Thank you, Nancy, for clarifying that.

Chair Anderson: Okay. Any other comments, questions?

Too bad we aren't going to be able to meet face-to-

face in April, but, hopefully, the next one will come up and we'll be in better shape.

Member Ziemer: Andy, this is Paul. Could I ask one question?

Chair Anderson: Yes.

Member Ziemer: I don't know who to direct this to; maybe to Nancy, while she's on the phone.

Do we have any information on progress on the appointment of new members to the Board?

Ms. Adams: Rashaun, do you want to respond to that?

Dr. Roberts: Sure. I don't have any particular update for that, except to say that the nomination package is making its way through the system to the White House for approval. But I don't know that I can shed any more information than that.

Member Ziemer: Okay.

Ms. Adams: That's all the information I have as well.

Member Ziemer: Yes. Right. I just wondered if there was any indication that something will occur in the foreseeable future. Okay. Thank you.

Member Clawson: Hang in there, Paul.

(Laughter.)

Member Ziemer: Well, I think we all are hanging in there, but, you know, it would be useful to have some additional new blood to come in and get underway.

Member Clawson: I agree fully with you, Paul.

Chair Anderson: I don't know if there's anything we can do to push it along.

Member Ziemer: No, I don't think that's our job, to push it along. I was just wondering if we knew where

things stood; that's all. Thanks.

Chair Anderson: Okay. Any other issues or comments people want to make?

If not, I look forward to hearing how the Work Group meetings go next.

And I would accept a recommendation to adjourn.

Member Kotelchuck: So moved. This is Dave.

Member Ziemer: Adjourn.

Chair Anderson: Okay. With that, then, I thank everybody and look forward to seeing everybody face-to-face on April 27th-28th. Hopefully, we'll hear soon about when the training will be, so we can be sure everybody is available.

Rashaun, any last comments?

Dr. Roberts: No, I don't have anything additionally.

And, you know, I will be in touch with folks about the ethics training as soon as we can get that situated with the attorney and CDC Ethics.

And we'll also be in touch with the Work Group Chairs who mentioned that they'd like to schedule meetings, too, to get that underway -- if not this week, next week.

Chair Anderson: So, Rashaun, any update on the vaccination issues? Has everybody --

Dr. Roberts: No.

Chair Anderson: -- turned in their information or is that still required?

Dr. Roberts: I think almost all submitted it, and I haven't received any additional follow-ups regarding that. So I think we're good to go. There's nothing additional needed at this time.



Chair Anderson: Okay. Thank you.

Member Lockey: Rashaun, hey, Rashaun, Jim Lockey.

Are they going to require a booster soon? Or what is the status on that?

Dr. Roberts: Not that I am aware of. I haven't been notified that people will be required to have that.

Member Lockey: Okay. Thank you.

Dr. Roberts: Sure.

Adjourn

Chair Anderson: Okay. We stand adjourned.

(Whereupon, the above-entitled matter went off the record at 11:47 a.m.)