NORA Transportation, Warehousing and Utilities Sector Council
The NORA Transportation, Warehousing, and Utilities (TWU) Council brings together individuals and organizations to share information, form partnerships, and promote adoption and dissemination of solutions that work. It was formed in 2006 for the second decade of NORA. The Council seeks to facilitate the most important research, understand the most effective intervention strategies, and learn how to implement those strategies to achieve sustained improvements in workplace practice. Contact Jennifer E. Lincoln or the NORA Coordinator with any questions, comments, or to volunteer.
Meetings and News
The draft National Occupational Research Agenda for Transportation, Warehousing and Utilities (TWU) is open for public comment until January 30, 2017. To read read the draft agenda and provide comment, go to www.regulations.gov and enter CDC-2017-0114 in the search field and click “Search”.
The Transportation, Warehousing and Utilities (TWU) sector includes more than 7.6 million workers, or 5.1% of the U.S. working population, in NAICS codes 22, 48 and 49. TWU has three distinct sub-sectors:
- Transportation – includes industries providing transportation of passengers and cargo; scenic and sightseeing transportation; and support activities related to modes of transportation.
- Warehousing – includes industries providing warehousing and storage of goods.
- Utilities – comprises establishments engaged in providing, servicing, and distributing; electric power; natural gas; steam supply; water supply; and sewage removal.
- Page last reviewed: March 15, 2017
- Page last updated: December 1, 2017
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Office of the Director