Mining Product: 3+3 SCSR Donning Screen Saver
Original creation date: January 2001
3+3 SCSR Donning Screen Saver is a screen saver that helps the user remember the recommended steps for donning an SCSR in an emergency.
Even with good initial hands-on training, miners' SCSR donning skills degrade quickly if there is not an opportunity for periodic practice.
While hands-on practice is the best way to maintain SCSR donning skills, research indicates that mental practice of the elements for SCSR donning is also beneficial. The 3+3 SCSR Donning Screen Saver is a way to provide that mental practice.
Audience: Underground Miners
Software (Windows) - January 2001
Pittsburgh, PA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 2001 Jan
- Assessing and Evaluating Human Systems Integration Needs in Mining
- Breathing Air Supplies Research
- The Emergency Communication Triangle
- Emergency Escape and Refuge Alternatives
- Emerging Technologies: Aiding Responders in Mine Emergencies and During the Escape From Smoke-Filled Passageways
- Expectations Training for Miners using Self-Contained Self-Rescuers in Escape from Underground Coal Mines
- How to Operate a Refuge Chamber: A Quick Start Guide
- I Can't Get Enough Air! Proper Self-contained Self-rescuer Usage
- Incorporating Judgment and Decisionmaking into Quarterly Mine Escape Training Based on a Mine Fire Scenario
- Leadership Characteristics in Escape from Three Underground Mine Fires
- Technology News 507 - NIOSH Safety Talk: The Emergency Communication Triangle
- Ultra-Low Frequency Through-the-Earth Communication Technology
- Page last reviewed: 10/22/2016
- Page last updated: 9/20/2012
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Mining Program