Mining Contract: Coal Mine Dust Mitigation Through Novel Scrubber Development and Numerical Modeling
In the underground mining environment, dust generation resulting from mining activities remains a health and safety problem. Research under this capacity-building contract addresses the problem of dust in coals mines using two methods. The first method is dust removal using a novel scrubber and the second method is numerical modeling of migration dust through the mine ventilation network.
Contract Status & Impact
This contract is complete. To receive a copy of the final report, send a request to email@example.com.
The purpose of capacity-building contracts is to help build the capacity of our nation’s workforce to address critical safety and health problems in U.S. mines by producing graduates with advanced degrees in mining and minerals engineering, and to help develop tenure-track faculty performing research in these areas. Applications for these competitive grants are announced as part of NIOSH OMSHR’s Broad Agency Announcements and are submitted by a Principal Investigator at a U.S. institution offering an ABET-accredited undergraduate degree in mining or minerals engineering.
For further information on capacity-building contracts, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Above-the-Earth Field Contours for a Dipole Buried in a Homogeneous Half-Space
- Degasification System Selection for U.S. Longwall Mines Using an Expert Classification System
- Effects of Weak Bands on Pillar Stability in Stone Mines: Field Observations and Numerical Model Assessment
- Elastic and Shear Moduli of Coal Measure Rocks Derived from Basic Well Logs Using Fractal Statistics and Radial Basis Functions
- Make it Safer with Roof Screen
- Mine Rescue Training Facility Inventory - Compendium of Ideas to Improve US Coal Mine Rescue Training
- Pillar Strength and Design Methodology for Stone Mines
- Probability of Making a Successful Mine Escape While Wearing a Self-Contained Self-Rescuer
- Stochastic Modeling of Gob Gas Venthole Production Performances in Active and Completed Longwall Panels of Coal Mines
- Technology News 535 - NIOSH Releases New Educational Video: Escape from Farmington No. 9: An Oral History