Rock Dust Partnership
This partnership addresses issues about using rock dust to prevent coal dust explosions.
- To be announced
- 9/30/2020 - Agenda & presentations - Action items - Questions & Answers
- 11/15/2018 - Agenda & presentations - Action Items
- 12/5/2017 - Presentations - Action items
Large-scale testing of a foamed rock dust applied wet and allowed to dry was conducted at the Central Mining Institute in Poland in 2019. Due to COVID-19 related issues, a final report of results has been delayed, but will be completed in the coming months.
Due to COVID-19 related concerns, site access to laboratories has been severely limited and efforts to establish the dust dispersion chamber as a NIOSH standard method are on hold. Testing will resume once regular access is permitted.
Final Summary Report: Large-scale Dust Explosions: Treated vs. Non-treated Rock Dust
- Coal Dust Explosibility
- Coal Dust Explosibility Meter Evaluation and Recommendations for Application
- Coal Dust Particle Size Survey of U.S. Mines
- Coal Dust Particle Size Survey of US Mines
- Determining Flame Travel Measurements from Experimental Coal Dust Explosions
- How Does Limestone Rock Dust Prevent Coal Dust Explosions in Coal Mines?
- Mitigating Coal Dust Explosions in Modern Underground Coal Mines
- Recommendations for a New Rock Dusting Standard to Prevent Coal Dust Explosions in Intake Airways
- Rock Dusting Considerations in Underground Coal Mines
- Technology News 515 - Float Coal Dust Explosion Hazards