TRAUMATIC OCCUPATIONAL INJURIES
Work-related injuries have a human and economic impact for employers, workers, and communities.
The Traumatic Injury Prevention Program aims to reduce and prevent work-related injury and death from trauma across all industries. Our priority topics include preventing injuries and deaths related to:
- On-the-job motor vehicle crashes
- Falls at work
- Workplace violence
- Use of machines and industrial vehicles to perform work duties
Explore the topics below to learn more about our work.
- Agricultural Safety
- Childhood Agricultural Injury Prevention Initiative
- Aviation Safety Research Program
- Commercial Fishing Safety
- Confined Spaces
- Construction Safety and Health
- MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY AT WORK
- Electrical Safety
- Emergency Medical Services Workers
- Eye Safety
- Fatality Assessment and Control Evaluation Program
- Falls in the Workplace
- Fire Fighter Fatality Investigation and Prevention
- Highway Work Zone Safety
- Law Enforcement Officer Motor Vehicle Safety
- Logging Safety
- Machine Safety
- Motor Vehicle Safety at Work
- Safety and Health in the Horse Racing Industry
- Occupational Violence
- Young Worker Safety and Health
This award-winning app uses visual and audio signals for workers to position extension ladders at an optimal angle to reduce falls. It also includes step ladder guidance. Get the free app!
Subscribe to this quarterly eNewsletter for the latest news from the NIOSH Center for Motor Vehicle Safety, including research updates and practical tips on workplace driving.
This award-winning course educates nurses on the scope and nature of violence and how to prevent it in the workplace. Take the course to earn your free continuing education units!
Access NIOSH’s Hazard Recognition Simulator, which helps potential operators acclimate to aerial lift operation and identify common hazards that can be present during use.
Fatality Assessment and Control Evaluation (FACE) Reports
Access NIOSH and State FACE investigation reports of fatal work-related injuries.
Fire Fighter Fatality Investigation and Prevention Reports
Search Independent investigation reports of fire fighter line-of-duty deaths.