eNews FLASH – March 2014
IT’S NOT TOO LATE … TO NOMINATE
The World Trade Center Health Program’s Scientific/Technical Advisory Committee (STAC) has 17 member positions and is currently seeking nominations for 7 of these positions.
The deadline for submitting nominations has been extended to March 31, 2014.
STAC seeks nominations in the following categories:
- 1 industrial hygienist;
- 1 mental health professional;
- 1 occupational physician who has experience treating WTC rescue and recovery workers;
- 2 representatives of WTC responders; and
- 2 representatives of WTC survivors.
Membership of the STAC is intentionally varied to bring broad knowledge and perspectives to the Committee for the benefit of the WTC Health Program. Appointments to the STAC may last up to 3 years.
The STAC plays an important role by providing advice of a scientific and/or technical nature to the Administrator of the WTC Health Program. The STAC reviews scientific and medical evidence to make recommendations to the WTC Program Administrator on Program eligibility criteria and additional WTC-related health conditions. The STAC also makes recommendations on research needs for the Program and other matters related to implementation and improvement of the Program at the discretion of the WTC Program Administrator.
Self-nominations are acceptable. Nominations are due by March 31, 2014 and must include the following information:
- The nominee’s contact information and current occupation or position;
- The nominee’s resume or curriculum vitae;
- The category of membership that the candidate is qualified to represent;
- A summary of the background, experience, and qualifications that demonstrates the nominee’s suitability for the membership category;
- Articles or other documents the nominee has authored that indicate the nominee’s knowledge and experience; and
- A statement that the nominee is aware of the nomination, is willing to regularly attend and participate in STAC meetings, and has no known conflicts of interest that would preclude membership.
Submit nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org or NIOSH Docket 229-B c/o Zaida Burgos, Committee Management Specialist, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, NE., M/S E-20, Atlanta, Georgia 30333.
More information can be found at the STAC Member webpage
Or by contacting Paul Middendorf at (404) 498-2500 (this is not a toll-free number) or by email at email@example.com