CPWR Center for Construction Research and Training, National Construction Center
DHHS (NIOSH) Publication Number 2019-152
CPWR-The Center for Construction Research and Training serves as the National Construction Center under a National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) cooperative agreement. Since 1990, the Center’s research has focused on reducing occupational injuries, illnesses, and fatalities in the construction industry. Current priorities include:
- Preventing injuries and fatalities, such as those caused by falls from roofs, ladders, and scaffolds.
- Reducing hearing loss among construction workers.
- Reducing hazardous respiratory exposures, especially from crystalline silica and emerging technologies.
- Reducing work-related musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
- Putting research into practice (MSDs).
CPWR and NIOSH . CPWR Center for Construction Research and Training, National Construction Center. By Betit, E., Cain, C.T., Rinehart, R., Earnest, S., Garza, L., and Reeves, K. Atlanta, GA: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, DHHS (NIOSH) Publication 2019–152, https://doi.org/10.26616/NIOSHPUB2019152external icon