NIOSH Engineering Controls Program, Program Performance One Pager (PPOP)
DHHS (NIOSH) Publication Number 2017-197
The NIOSH Engineering Control Program seeks to protect workers by engineering interventions that can be used to eliminate or more safely work around hazards. This snapshot shows recent accomplishments and upcoming work..
What are our priorities?
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Engineering Controls Program seeks to protect workers by removing hazardous conditions or by placing a barrier between the worker and the hazard. The program works with partners in industry, labor, trade associations, professional organizations, and academia on these areas:
- Reducing silica exposure at U.S. highway construction and oil & gas extraction sites.
- Reducing worker asphalt fume exposure for roofers and pavers.
- Provide engineering control recommendations to protect workers from emerging hazards.
- Page last reviewed: September 6, 2017
- Page last updated: September 6, 2017
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Education and Information Division