Webinar Instructor Led Training Policy and Request Form
NHSN is committed to the training and education of its users. Because NHSN staff receives more requests for training than can be accommodated, the following policy and procedures have been established to assist in responding more equitably and effectively.
- Request for webinar training must be made a minimum of 3 months prior to the training date.
- NHSN will provide training on the topics shown in the course descriptions below. Other topics may be considered at the discretion of the NHSN staff.
- Request for training from organizations in the same state will not be considered within 24 months of the last offering of that state. Therefore, exceptions may be made for states with a large number of facilities or are geographically large in size.
- NHSN strongly encourages networking among organizations to coordinate NHSN training needs. Therefore, requests must come from an APIC chapter or state entity (e.g., health department, quality improvement organization, hospital association, state infection prevention organization). NHSN will not consider requests that are submitted by corporations (e.g., hospital corporations, vendors) if they have cosponsership with APIC Chapter or state entity.
- Hands-on, interactive computer training will be limited to national conferences or CDC-sponsored trainings only.
- Web trainings will not be offered to fewer than 50 participants.
- NHSN will provide no more than two presenters per web training session, with each presenter providing a maximum of 4 hours of webcast per day.
- H. All accepted webinar trainings will be posted on the NHSN website training calendar so that any NHSN user or potential user may have an opportunity to register and attend the webinar training sessions offered.
- Priority will be given to training sessions aimed at NHSN users and potential users.
- All accepted webinar trainings will be posted on the NHSN website training calendar so that any NHSN user or potential user may have an opportunity to register and attend the webinar training sessions offered.
- Complete the training request below and click.
- NHSN will approve the request based on the following parameters:
a) The Webinar Training Policy is followed,
b) the training is likely to benefit the intended audience,
c) appropriate NHSN staff members are available and
d) the requesting organization’s willingness to publicly post the webinar training for other NHSN users and potential users to access.
- The training request will be processed within 2 weeks of submission. A written response will be provided to the point of contact of the requesting organization. When a training request is not approved, NHSN shall provide a written explanation of the reason(s) for denial.