Surveillance for Surgical Site Infection (SSI) Events
Resources for NHSN Users Already Enrolled
All Data Collection Forms are Print-only
- 57.400 Outpatient Procedure Component Annual Facility Survey Cdc-pdf[PDF – 300 KB]
- 57.401 Outpatient Procedure Component Monthly Reporting Plan Cdc-pdf[PDF – 250 KB]
- 57.404 – Outpatient Procedure Component Denominator for Procedure Cdc-pdf[PDF – 50 KB]
- 57.405 – Outpatient Procedure Component Surgical Site Infection (SSI) Event Cdc-pdf[PDF – 150 KB]
2018 Operative Procedure Code Documents
The documents listed below should be used for procedures performed in 2018.
- OPC – Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Procedure Code Mapping to NHSN Operative Procedure Codes Cdc-excel[XLS – 300 KB]
This guidance document provides the list of procedure codes that are available for use within Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
- OPC – ICD-10-PCS & CPT Codes – Guidance for HPRO & KPRO Procedure Details Cdc-excel[XLS – 20 KB]
This guidance document may be used for completing the NHSN procedure details for HPRO – hip arthroplasty and/or KPRO – Knee arthroplasty operative procedures
- ICD-10 CM Diabetes Diagnostic Codes Cdc-excel[XLSX – 15K]
ICD-10-CM codes included in this spreadsheet are acceptable for use to answer “YES” to “Diabetes Mellitus” for completing the NHSN Operative Procedure Details.
- ICD-10-CM/PCS Codes for ‘prior infection at hip or knee joint’ denominator form question Cdc-excel[XLSX – 20K]
Use ICD-10-PCS/CM diagnosis or procedure codes included in this spreadsheet to determine if patient meets criteria for ‘prior infection at index joint’.
Page last reviewed: May 1, 2018