In-Person Instructor Led Training Policy and Request Form
Thank you for your interest in NHSN Training. Please read the NHSN In-Person Training Policy and submit the training request. Your request will be processed within 2 weeks of submission. We appreciate your understanding that NHSN has limited resources and cannot accept all requests for training.
NHSN is committed to the training and education of its users. Because NHSN staff receives more requests for training than can be accommodated, the following policy and procedures have been established to assist in responding more equitably and effectively.
- Request for training must be made a minimum of 4 months prior to the training date.
- NHSN will provide training on the topics shown in the course descriptions below. Other topics may be considered at the discretion of the NHSN staff.
- Request for training from organizations in the same state will not be considered within 24 months of the last offering of that state. Therefore, exceptions may be made for states with a large number of facilities or are geographically large in size.
- NHSN strongly encourages networking among organizations to coordinate NHSN training needs. Therefore, requests must come from an APIC chapter or state entity (e.g., health department, quality improvement organization, hospital association, state infection prevention organization).NHSN will not consider requests that are submitted by corporations (e.g., hospital corporations, vendors) if they have cosponsership with APIC Chapter or state entity.
- Hands-on, interactive computer training will be limited to national conferences or CDC-sponsored trainings only.
- In-person trainings will not be offered to fewer than 50 participants.
- NHSN will provide no more than two presenters per in-person training session, with each presenter providing a maximum of 4 hours of lectures per day.
- Airfare, lodging, meals, and ground transportation in destination city must be provided in-kind by the requesting organization(s).
- Priority will be given to training sessions aimed at NHSN users and potential users.
- If the above requirements can not be met, please consider  requesting training via webinar .
- All accepted trainings will be posted on the NHSN website training calendar so that any NHSN user or potential user may have an opportunity to register and attend any of the courses offered.
- Complete the training request below and click.
- NHSN will approve the request based on the following parameters:
a) The In-Person Training Policy is followed,
b) the training is likely to benefit the intended audience, and
c) appropriate NHSN staff members are available.
- The training request will be processed within 2 weeks of submission. A written response will be provided to the point of contact of the requesting organization. When a training request is not approved, NHSN shall provide a written explanation of the reason(s) for denial.
- If training request is approved, the point of contact must submit a formal letter of invitation on sponsoring organization’s letterhead using the guidance in the attached template [PDF 10 KB].
In-Person Training Request
- Page last reviewed: May 22, 2015
- Page last updated: May 22, 2015
- Content source: