The deadline for submitting abstracts was July 20, 2018.
The deadline for submitting Late Breaker abstracts was November 30, 2018.
Authors who have submitted abstracts and need assistance should contact the conference organizers via e-mail at questions@NHPC2019.com.
- The lead author may submit up to two abstracts.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- All abstracts should be no more than 500 words (excluding abstract title – title max is 25 words).
- Authors who submit an abstract must confirm that they have not previously published their findings and that they are not planning to publish or present them prior to the dates of the 2019 National HIV Prevention Conference.
- All abstracts must be received by midnight EDT on July 20, 2018.
Late Breaker abstracts must be received by midnight ET on November 30, 2018.
Each author submitting an abstract will receive an acknowledgement of receipt within five days. Authors who have submitted abstracts and have not received an acknowledgement within this period of time should contact the conference organizers immediately via e-mail at questions@NHPC2019.com.
- Include the first and middle initials and the last name of each author. Authors should be listed as lead/presenting author, followed by coauthors.
- An author’s affiliation should follow immediately after the author’s name(s).
- Use of abbreviations is preferred. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word or phrase the first time the abbreviation appears.
- Do not indent any paragraphs.
- Do not use hard returns at the end of lines. Only use hard returns at the end of paragraphs.
- Use numerals to indicate numbers, except at the beginning of a sentence.
The 2019 National HIV Prevention Conference abstract selection process relies heavily on volunteer reviewers with expertise in the conference tracks and subtracks.
The application process to become a reviewer for Late Breaker abstracts closed on November 26, 2018.
The conference coordinators appreciate the help of all volunteer abstract reviewers.
- All abstracts will be peer-reviewed and notification to authors occurred in November 2018.
Late breaker notification is expected to occur in January 2019.
- All accepted abstracts will be published online.
- Abstracts may be submitted without registration form and payment. Authors whose submissions have been accepted are expected to register and pay the conference registration fee.
- Abstracts can be saved and edited through the online system prior to submission.
- Storytelling Session abstracts will require both a written abstract and a brief video of the presenter sharing a dynamic presentation or story.
- To withdraw an abstract, please send an e-mail to questions@NHPC2019.com.