The deadline for submitting abstracts was July 20, 2018.
Authors who have submitted abstracts and need assistance should contact the conference organizers via e-mail at questions@NHPC2019.com.
The call for late breaker abstracts will be announced later in 2018.
- The lead author may submit up to two abstracts.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- All abstracts should be no more than 500 words (excluding abstract title – title max is 25 words).
- Authors who submit an abstract must confirm that they have not previously published their findings and that they are not planning to publish or present them prior to the dates of the 2019 National HIV Prevention Conference.
- All abstracts must be received by midnight EDT on July 20, 2018. No additional extensions will be provided. Any abstracts received after this date will not be considered. Each author submitting an abstract will receive an acknowledgement of receipt within five days. Authors who have submitted abstracts and have not received an acknowledgement within this period of time should contact the conference organizers immediately via e-mail at questions@NHPC2019.com.
- Include the first and middle initials and the last name of each author. Authors should be listed as lead/presenting author, followed by coauthors.
- An author’s affiliation should follow immediately after the author’s name(s).
- Use of abbreviations is preferred. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word or phrase the first time the abbreviation appears.
- Do not indent any paragraphs.
- Do not use hard returns at the end of lines. Only use hard returns at the end of paragraphs.
- Use numerals to indicate numbers, except at the beginning of a sentence.
The 2019 National HIV Prevention Conference abstract selection process relies heavily on volunteer reviewers with expertise in the conference tracks and subtracks. Conference organizers are in search of reviewers who meet these criteria and have availability to review abstracts in late July and early August of 2018. Each reviewer will be assigned 10-20 abstracts for review. Estimated time to review each abstract is about 10 minutes.
The application process to become an abstract reviewer closed on July 9, 2018. We appreciate all volunteers that applied for this. Potential reviewers will be notified if they have been selected by mid July 2018 and be provided further instructions and information.
- All abstracts will be peer-reviewed and notification to authors is expected to occur by November 2018.
- All accepted abstracts will be published online.
- Abstracts may be submitted without registration form and payment. Authors whose submissions have been accepted are expected to register and pay the conference registration fee.
- Abstracts can be saved and edited through the online system prior to submission.
- Storytelling Session abstracts will require both a written abstract and a brief video of the presenter sharing a dynamic presentation or story.
- To withdraw an abstract, please send an e-mail to questions@NHPC2019.com.