Division of Bacterial Diseases (DBD) News Bulletin
Summer 2016, Issue 18
July 3, 2016: Content on this page kept for historical reasons.
Image: Graphics representing findings from the June 2016 Vital Signs report on Legionnaires’ disease, “Deficiencies in environmental control identified in outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease – North America, 2000—2014.”
- Breakwell L, Kelso P, Finley C, et al. Pertussis vaccine effectiveness in the setting of pertactin-deficient pertussis. Pediatrics. 2016 Apr 12. [Epub ahead of print]
- Cassiday PK, Skoff TH, Jawahir S, Tondella ML. Changes in predominance of pulsed-field gel electrophoresis profiles of Bordetella pertussis isolates, United States, 2000–2012. Emerg Infect Dis. 2016;22(3):442–8.
- Conklin LM, Bigogo G, Jagero G, et al. High Streptococcus pneumoniae colonization prevalence among HIV-infected Kenyan parents in the year before pneumococcal conjugate vaccine introduction. BMC Infect Dis. 2016;16(1):18.
- Faulkner A, Skoff TH, Tondella L, Cohn A, Clark TA, Martin SW. Trends in pertussis diagnostic testing in the United States, 1990-2012. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2016;35(1):39–44.
- Garrison LE, Kunz JM, Cooley LA, et al. Vital Signs: Deficiencies in environmental control identified in outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease – North America, 2000–2014. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016;65(22):576–84.
- Hao Y, Strosnider H, Balluz L, Qualters JR. Geographic variation in the association between ambient fine particulate matter (PM2.5) and term low birth weight in the United States. Environ Health Perspect. 2016;124(2):250–5.
- Harris A, Aol G, Ouma D, et al. Improving capture of vaccine history: Case study from an evaluation of 10-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine introduction in Kenya. Amer J Trop Med and Hyg. 2016 May 2. [Epub ahead of print].
- Harrist A, Van Houten C, Shulman ST, Van Beneden C, Murphy T. Substantial incidence of group A streptococcal pharyngitis diagnoses at a rural urgent-care clinic associated with nonadherence to testing guidelines—Wyoming, March 2015. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016;64(50):1383–5.
- Kim L, McGee L, Tomczyk S, Beall B. Biologic and epidemiologic features of antibiotic-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae in pre- and post-conjugate vaccine eras: A United States perspective. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2016;29(3):525–52.
- Metcalf BJ, RE Gertz, RA Gladstone, et al. Strain features and distributions in pneumococci from children with invasive disease before and after 13-valent conjugate vaccine implementation in the USA. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22(1)60.e9–29.
- Matthias J, Pritchard PS, Martin SW, et al. Sustained transmission of pertussis in a highly vaccinated preschool: A 1-5-year-old cohort. Emerg Infect Dis. 2016;22(2):242–6.
- Moore MR, Link-Gelles R, Schaffner W, et al. Effectiveness of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine for prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease in children in the USA: A matched case-control study. Lancet Respir Med. 2016 Mar 14. [Epub ahead of print]
- Quinn CP, Sabourin CL, Schiffer JM, et al. Humoral and cell mediated immune responses to alternate booster schedules of anthrax vaccine adsorbed in humans. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2016;23(4):326–38.
- Schiffer JM, McNeil MM, Quinn CP. Recent developments in the understanding and use of anthrax vaccine adsorbed: Achieving more with less. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2016 Mar 4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Skoff TH, Martin SW. Impact of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis vaccinations on reported pertussis cases among those 11 to 18 years of age in an era of waning pertussis immunity: A follow-up analysis. JAMA Pediatrics. 2016 Mar 28. [Epub ahead of print]
- Stoecker C, Kim L, Gierke R, Pilishvili T. Incremental cost-effectiveness of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine for adults age 50 years and older in the United States. J Gen Intern Med. 2016 Mar 14. [Epub ahead of print]
- Terranella A, Rea V, Griffith M, et al. Vaccine effectiveness of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis vaccine during a pertussis outbreak in Maine. Vaccine. 2016 Mar 30. [Epub ahead of print]
- Tomczyk S, Arriola CS, Beall B, et al. Multistate outbreak of respiratory infections among unaccompanied children, June–July 2014. Clin Infect Dis. 2016 Mar 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- Williams MM, Sen K, Weigand MR, et al. Bordetella pertussis lacking pertactin and pertussis toxin: Report of a clinical case. Emerg Infect Dis. 2016;22(2):319–22.