January 14, 2014: Content on this page kept for historical reasons.
Division of Bacterial Diseases (DBD) News Bulletin
- Carvalho Mda G, Pimenta FC, Moura I, et al. Non-pneumococcal mitis-group streptococci confound detection of pneumococcal capsular serotype-specific loci in upper respiratory tract. PeerJ. 2013;1:e97.
- CDC. Updated recommendations for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine in pregnant women—Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2012. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013;62:131–135.
- CDC. Use of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine among children aged 6–18 years with immunocompromising conditions: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013;62:521–524.
- Cho BH, Stoecker C, Link-Gelles R, et al. Cost-effectiveness of administering 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in addition to 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine to adults with immunocompromising conditions. Vaccine. 2013;31:6011-21.
- Diaz MH, Waller JL, Napoliello RA, et al. Optimization of multiple pathogen detection using the TaqMan Array Card: Application for a population-based study of neonatal infection. PLoS One. 2013;8:e66183.
- Fairlie T, Zell ER, Schrag SJ. Effectiveness of intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis for prevention of early-onset group B streptococcal disease. Obstet Gynecol. 2013;121:570–7.
- Ferdinands JM, Gargiullo P, Haber M, et al. Inactivated influenza vaccines for prevention of community-acquired pneumonia: The limits of using nonspecific outcomes in vaccine effectiveness studies. Epidemiology. 2013;24:530–7.
- Griffin MR, Zhu Y, Moore MR, et al. US pneumonia hospitalizations: A decade of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine use. N Engl J Med. 2013;369:155–63.
- Hersh AL, Jackson MA, Hicks LA, the Committee on Infectious Diseases. Principles of judicious antibiotic prescribing for bacterial upper respiratory tract infections in pediatrics. Pediatrics. 2013 Nov 18. [Epub ahead of print]/p>
- Kristiansen PA, Ba AK, Sanou I, et al. Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of meningococcal carriage and disease isolates in Burkina Faso after mass vaccination with a serogroup A conjugate vaccine. BMC Infect Dis. 2013;13:363.
- Link-Gelles R, Taylor T, Moore MR. Forecasting invasive pneumococcal disease trends after the introduction of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in the United States, 2010–2020. Vaccine. 2013;31:2572–7.
- Link-Gelles R, Thomas A, Lynfield R, et al. Geographic and temporal trends in antimicrobial nonsusceptibility in Streptococcus pneumoniae in the postvaccine era in the United States. J Infect Dis. 2013;208:1266-73.
- Mandal S, Wu HM, MacNeil JR, et al. Prolonged university outbreak of meningococcal disease associated with a serogroup B strain rarely seen in the US. Clin Infect Dis. 2013;57:344–8.
- Mlacha SZ, Peret TC, Kumar N, et al H. Transcriptional adaptation of pneumococci and human pharyngeal cells in the presence of a virus infection. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:378.
- Pawloski LC, Queenan AM, Cassiday PK, et al. Prevalence and molecular characterization of pertactin-deficient Bordetella pertussis in the US. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013 Nov 20. [Epub ahead of print]
- Payne AB, Link-Gelles R, Azonobi I, et al. Invasive pneumococcal disease among children with and without sickle cell disease in the United States, 1998–2009. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013 Jul 9. [Epub ahead of print]
- Shapiro D, Hicks LA, Pavia AT, et al. Antibiotic prescribing for adults in ambulatory care in the USA, 2007̶ 09. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2013 Jul 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Stoecker C, Hampton L, Link-Gelles R, et al. Cost-effectiveness of using 2 versus 3 primary doses of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine. J Pediat. 2013;132:e324–32.
- Tatti KM, Martin SW, Boney KO, et al. Qualitative assessment of pertussis diagnostics in United States laboratories. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013;32:942-5.
- Terranella A, Asay GR, Messonnier ML, et al. Pregnancy dose Tdap and postpartum cocooning to prevent infant pertussis: A decision analysis. J Pediat. 2013;131:e1748–56.
Once your article has been accepted for publication, forward the draft to Alison Patti so she can submit to NCIRD’s Advance Media Report and include in the annual publications list.
Page last reviewed: January 14, 2014
Content source: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases