Welcome Residential Care Community NSLTCP Survey Participants
NOTICE: The National Study of Long-Term Care Providers (NSLTCP) has completed data collection for the 2018 survey and is no longer accepting questionnaires. The anticipated start of data collection for the 2020 NSLTCP survey is May, 2020. To those providers that were sampled and participated in 2018, thank you! We look forward to your continued support and participation in 2020 if your residential care community is sampled. Your participation in the survey enables NCHS to continue to serve you with reliable, trusted information, to support you in the important work you do serving residents and your communities.
Your Residential Care Community is Important to Us!
The most reliable information comes directly from providers like you. In order for policy makers to make solid, evidence-based decisions about long-term care in the U.S., it is essential that we collect data from the 2,090 residential care communities invited to participate in the 2018 National Study of Long-Term Care Providers (NSLTCP). Your residential care community was randomly selected to represent not only your residential care community, but also other comparable residential care communities across the United States. Without your help, it may be impossible to make accurate estimates about the amount and types of care provided to residents in residential care communities like yours.
What’s in it for your Residential Care Community?
Data for Comparisons: NSLTCP data will provide benchmarks, which will allow you to compare your residential care communities with other communities like your own.
National Estimates: By participating, you will contribute to a more complete and accurate picture of the provision and use of residential care communities and services in this country, which will inform long-term care policies and planning. Visit the NSLTCP Study Results and Publications page for examples of how NSLTCP data have been used to produce national estimates of residential care communities and residents.
Survey participant materials:
- What to expect from the 2018 Residential Care Community Survey [PDF – 179 KB]
- Letter from NCHS Director with FAQ’s [PDF – 42 KB]
- Provider and Services User Questionnaires
- The residential care community provider questionnaire collects information about the organizational characteristics of residential care communities, the services they offer, their staffing profile, and the demographic and functional status profile of residents.
- In 2018, NSLTCP will for the first time also collect information about individual services users, or residential care community residents. The services user telephone interview will collect information about the demographics, health and functional status, and service utilization of two randomly sampled residential care community residents.
- Ethics Review Board (ERB) Letter [PDF – 51 KB]
- Residential Care Communities Letter of Support [PDF – 124 KB]
- Residential Care Community Resident Data Brief
- Strictly Confidential Brochure [PDF – 359 KB]
If you have any questions, or need further information, please call (877) 256-8029.
- Page last reviewed: February 14, 2019
- Page last updated: February 14, 2019
- Content source: