Welcome Residential Care Community 2016 NSLTCP Survey Participants
NOTICE: The National Study of Long-Term Care Providers (NSLTCP) has completed data collection for the 2016 survey and is no longer accepting questionnaires. The anticipated start of data collection for the 2018 NSLTCP survey is August, 2018. Thank you for your participation in 2016 and we look forward to your continued support and participation in 2018, if your residential care community is sampled.
Residential care places are known by many different names. Just a few terms used to refer to these places are assisted living facilities; personal care and adult care homes, facilities, and communities; adult family and board and care homes; adult foster care; homes for the aged; and housing with service establishments. For NSLTCP, we refer to these places and others like them as residential care communities.
Your Residential Care Community is Important to Us!
The most reliable information comes directly from providers like you. In order for policy makers to make solid, evidence-based decisions about long-term care in the U.S., it is essential that we collect data from the more than 11,600 sampled assisted living and similar residential care communities invited to participate in the 2016 National Study of Long-Term Care Providers (NSLTCP). Without your help, it may be impossible to make accurate estimates about the amount and types of care provided to residents in residential care communities like yours.
What’s in it for your Residential Care Community?
Data for Comparisons: NSLTCP data will provide benchmarks, which will allow you to compare your residential care communities with other communities like your own.
National and State Estimates: By participating, you will contribute to a more complete and accurate picture of the provision and use of residential care communities and services in this country and in your state, which will inform long-term care policies and planning. Visit the NSLTCP Study Results and Publications page for examples of how NSLTCP data have been used to produce national and state estimates of residential care communities and residents.
Participant materials—directors, administrators, operators, and managers of residential care communities sampled for the 2016 NSLTCP survey are mailed these materials:
- Letter from NCHS Director with FAQ’s [PDF - 42 KB]
- In 2016, there are two versions of the Residential Care Community Questionnaire—version A and version B. NCHS uses two questionnaire versions in order to increase content without increasing burden for respondents. In order to produce accurate results, it is important to complete only the version that you receive.
- Residential Care Communities Letter of Support [PDF - 91 KB]
- Residential Care Community Resident Data Brief [PDF - 95 KB]
- Strictly Confidential Brochure [PDF - 359 KB]
- Page last reviewed: February 9, 2017
- Page last updated: February 9, 2017
- Content source: