Welcome Adult Day Services Center NSLTCP Participants
NOTICE: The National Study of Long-Term Care Providers (NSLTCP) has completed data collection for the 2018 survey and is no longer accepting questionnaires. The anticipated start of data collection for the 2020 NSLTCP survey is May, 2020. Following the same approach as in the 2012, 2014, and 2016 survey waves, all adult day services in operation in the United States will be surveyed in 2020. To those adult day services centers that were sampled and participated in 2018, thank you! We hope to have your support again in 2020. Your participation in the survey enables NCHS to continue to serve you with reliable, trusted information, to support you in the important work you do serving participants, their families, and your communities.
Your Adult Day Services Center is Important to Us!
The most reliable information comes directly from providers like you. In order for policy makers to make solid, evidence-based decisions about long-term care in the U.S., it is essential that we collect data from the 1,650 adult day services centers invited to participate in the 2018 National Study of Long-Term Care Providers (NSLTCP). Your adult day services center was randomly selected to represent not only your adult day services center, but also other comparable adult day services centers across the United States. Without your help, it may be impossible to make accurate estimates about the amount and types of care provided to participants in adult day services centers like yours.
What’s in it for your Adult Day Services Center?
Data for Comparisons: NSLTCP data will provide benchmarks, which will allow you to compare your center with other centers like your own.
National Estimates: By participating, you will contribute to a more complete and accurate picture of the provision and use of adult day services centers and services in this country, which will inform long-term care policies and planning. Visit the NSLTCP Study Results and Publications page for examples of how NSLTCP data have been used to produce national estimates of adult day services centers and participants.
Survey participant materials:
- What to expect from the 2018 Adult Day Services Center Survey [PDF – 178 KB]
- Letter from NCHS Director with FAQ’s [PDF – 42 KB]
- Provider and Services User Questionnaires
- The adult day services center provider questionnaire collects information about the organizational characteristics of centers, the services they offer, their staffing profile, and the demographic and functional status profile of participants.
- In 2018, NSLTCP will for the first time also collect information about individual services users, or center participants. The services user telephone interview will collect information about the demographics, health and functional status, and service utilization of two randomly sampled adult day services center participants.
- Ethics Review Board (ERB) Letter [PDF – 51 KB]
- Adult Day Services Centers Letter of Support [PDF – 75 KB]
- Adult Day Services Center Participant Data Brief
- Strictly Confidential Brochure [PDF – 245 KB]
If you have any questions, or need further information, please call (877) 256-8029.
- Page last reviewed: February 14, 2019
- Page last updated: February 14, 2019
- Content source: