Division of Tuberculosis Elimination (EIS 2018)
The mission of the Division of TB Elimination is to provide leadership in preventing, controlling, and eventually eliminating TB from the United States, in collaboration with partners at the community, state, and international levels.
- Monitoring progress toward TB elimination through national TB surveillance
- Strengthening the capacity of health departments and other partners to prevent, control, and eventually eliminate TB through improved communications, information dissemination, education, and training
- Using contact investigations to prevent TB among persons at highest risk, including those with HIV infection
- Building outbreak detection and response capability
- Investigating improved treatment regimens
- Providing technical assistance, including programmatic support, research, and the identification, treatment, and management of multidrug-resistant (MDR) TB, extensively drug-resistant (XDR) TB, and TB among the most vulnerable populations (e.g., children, correctional populations, people experiencing homelessness)