HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, and Tuberculosis Five-Year Enacted Funding History
HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, Sexually Transmitted Infections, and Tuberculosis Five-Year Enacted Funding History (dollars in thousands)
|Fiscal Year||Enacted Amounts|
How is CDC funding used for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STIs, TB Prevention?
In FY 2020, the U.S. Congress enacted a spending bill that appropriated $1,127,556,000 to CDC to prevent and control HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, STIs, TB, infectious diseases and the opioid epidemic, and to promote adolescent and school health. The FY 2020 operating budget2 amount was $1,123,556,000:
- Approximately 77% of the operating budget was awarded to state, tribal, local, and territorial health departments, community-based organizations, national organizations, academic institutions, and education agencies as grants and cooperative agreements.
- Approximately 23% of the operating budget was spent on internal CDC resources that enable the nation’s response to infectious disease, including world-class laboratories, outbreak response, cutting-edge research, and technical assistance to health departments and community-based organizations.
These expenditures achieved measurable reduction in risk factors, illness, and death in communities at all levels of social status.
Domestic HIV/AIDS Prevention and Research, Viral Hepatitis, Sexually Transmitted Infections, and Tuberculosis FY2020 Operating Budget
The funding data and state summaries provided were developed based on fiscal year (FY) 2020 actual spending. The data include actions awarded (i.e., obligated funds) domestically in federal FY 2020 (October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2020) from CDC’s annual appropriation. The funding data are categorized by CDC’s budget line as shown in the operating plans. The data represent a point in time and may not reflect CDC’s total appropriations in any given area.
- CDC Budget Information (including Annual President’s Requests)
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Budget Informationexternal icon
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Budget Informationexternal icon