2018 Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity (ELC) for Infectious Diseases Annual Grantees’ Meeting
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Division of Preparedness and Emerging Infections (DPEI) is hosting the event which will take place April 10 – 12, 2018, and consist of the following:
- April 10th – ELC Project M1/Vector-Borne Diseases Meeting
- April 10th– Special ELC Pre-Conference Workshop entitled “How much does that specimen cost? Estimate the cost of laboratory testing a specimen”. There will be two sessions: (1) a morning one from 8:00am until 11:00am and (2) an afternoon one from 1:00pm until 5:00pm. Both sessions are limited to 20 attendees each and both sessions are currently (Sold Out).
- April 11th and April 12th – 2018 ELC Annual Grantees’ Meeting
These meetings will be held at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Roybal Campus in Atlanta, GA. Participants will include Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity (ELC) Grantees, infection control leaders, entomologists, public health laboratorians, and national partners. We ask that each ELC-funded jurisdiction limit the number of attendees to no more than five (5) attendees, so please coordinate with your ELC Principal Investigator (PI) to determine who should attend.
The 2018 Annual ELC Grantees’ Meeting will focus on several crucial topic areas including:
- Showcasing achievements
- Providing guidance to strategically apply for continuation funding
- Addressing emerging infections
- Utilizing information systems
- Providing numerous program-specific workshops
If you plan to attend any of the meetings mentioned above, please follow these four (4) important steps:
1. REGISTER FOR THE MEETING
Registration will remain open until February 22, 2018 at 5:00pm EST. In order to attend, you must register so we can ensure you are cleared through CDC Security in time to attend the meeting. Registration is free. If you are unsure if you can attend, please register to secure a spot. If you are not able to attend after registering, please contact ELC, email@example.com, to cancel your registration.
2. ORDER YOUR LUNCH
3. RESERVE YOUR HOTEL
Three hotels in the area have room blocks at the government rate of $148.00/night. Be sure to ask about complimentary shuttle service, as parking is not available on CDC campus.
- Emory Conference Center Hotel (Sold Out) – located across the street from the CDC.
- Room block expires March 23, 2018, or when the rooms sell out (whichever comes first).
- Make reservations online or by calling 404-712-6009 and mentioning the ELC Annual Grantees’ Meeting Room Block.
- Courtyard Atlanta Executive Park/Emory (Sold Out) – located at 1236 Executive Park Drive, Atlanta, GA 30329.
- Room block expires March 12, 2018, or when the rooms sell out (whichever comes first).
- Make reservations by calling (800) 321-2211 or (404) 728-0708 and asking for the ELC Grantees Meeting Room Block.
- Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead – located at 3242 Peachtree Road, NE Atlanta, GA 30305.
- Room block expires March 8, 2018, or when the rooms sell out (whichever comes first).
- Make reservations online or by calling (888) 492-8847 and asking for the ELC Grantees’ Meeting Room Block.
4. MARK YOUR CALENDAR TO ATTEND THE ELC SOCIAL EVENT ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11th
On Wednesday, April 11, 2018, the ELC Team invites all guests across the street from CDC to Tin Lizzy’s Cantina, located in the Emory Point complex. We are planning to gather from 5:00pm to 7:30pm to unwind and socialize. Be sure to bring either your meeting badge or your registration ticket to receive discounts on food and beverages.
Additional information about the ELC can be found at www.cdc.gov/elc.
- Page last reviewed: February 9, 2017
- Page last updated: January 31, 2018
- Content source: