Infectious disease pathology at CDC has contributed to the identification, diagnosis and pathogenesis knowledge of many emerging infectious diseases and other diseases of public health importance.
- Pathogenesis of pandemic influenza A (H1N1)
- Diagnosis of transplant-associated rabies virus infection in the United States (AL, AR, OK, TX)
- Investigation of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)
- Assistance during bioterrorism-related anthrax in the United States
- Diagnosis and investigation of outbreak of enterovirus 71 in Taiwan
- Surveillance of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome (HPS)