Investigation Update on the Island Princess
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Cruise Line: Princess Cruises
Cruise Ship: Island Princess
Voyage Dates: 4/23-5/07
Number of passengers who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of passengers: 100 of 1954 (5.12%)
Number of ill crew who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of crew: 5 of 894 (0.56%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea, abdominal cramps, fever, and vomiting
Actions: In response to the outbreak, Princess Cruises and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- prepared an infection control plan for the turnaround in Los Angeles,
- delayed embarkation, and provided notification to oncoming passengers
- collected stool specimens for analysis.
Princess Cruises is making twice daily reports to VSP and will continue to do so until the number of ill people returns to expected levels.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009 (archived document)
- Content source: