Investigation Update on the Amsterdam
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Cruise Line: Holland America Line
Cruise Ship: Amsterdam
Voyage Dates: 5/23 - 5/30
Number of passengers who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of passengers: 101 of 1546 (6.53%)
Number of crew who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of crew: 8 of 587 (1.37%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: In response to the outbreak, Holland America Line and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions:
- Increased cleaning and disinfection
- Made announcements to both notify passengers and encourage case reporting
- Provided notification to oncoming passengers
- No clinical specimens were collected for analysis
Holland America Line made daily reports to VSP and continued to do so until the number of ill people returned to expected levels.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009 (archived document)
- Content source: