Investigation Update on the Coral Princess
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Cruise Line: Princess Cruises
Cruise Ship: Coral Princess
Voyage Dates: 5/18-5/25
Number of passengers who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of passengers: 121 of 2001 (6.05%)
Number of ill crew who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of crew: 7 of 914 (0.77%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: In response to the outbreak, Princess Cruises and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- Made announcements to both notify passengers and encourage case reporting
- delayed embarkation, and provided notification to oncoming passengers
- No stool specimens were collected for analysis.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009 (archived document)
- Content source: