Investigation Update on the Seven Seas Mariner
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Cruise Line: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Cruise Ship: Seven Seas Mariner
Voyage Dates: 12/02–12/20
Number of passengers who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of passengers: 28 of 621 (4.51%)
Number of ill crew who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of crew: 0 of 435
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: In response to the outbreak, Regent Seven Seas Cruises and the crew onboard the ship took the following actions:
- Increased cleaning and disinfection according to their outbreak prevention and response plans
- Made announcements to notify passengers and encourage case reporting
- Made the required initial notification report to CDC Vessel Sanitation Program and continue to make daily updates
- Collected clinical specimens from passenger and crew cases to be submitted to CDC laboratories for analysis
The Vessel Sanitation Program sent two officers to board the ship to evaluate outbreak prevention and control procedures.
- Page last reviewed: January 14, 2010 (archived document)
- Content source: