Investigation Update on the Holiday
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Cruise Line: Carnival Cruise Line
Cruise Ship: Holiday
Voyage Dates: 1/24-1/28
Number of ill passengers out of total number of passengers: 121 of 1548 (7.82%)
Number of ill crew out of total number of crew: 22 of 686 (3.21%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: Carnival Cruise Line and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions to respond to the outbreak:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- staffed the ship with senior environmental health officers for additional support,
- submitted stools specimens for analysis,
- delayed embarkation,
- provided daily updates to VSP until the number of ill people returned to expected levels.
VSP staff continued to provide support to the ship until the number of ill people returned to expected levels. During the following voyage (sailing dates: 1/28-2/2) the numbers decreased and then returned to expected levels during the voyage that followed (sailing dates: 2/2-2/7).
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009 (archived document)
- Content source: