Investigation Update on the Seven Seas Mariner
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Cruise Line: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Cruise Ship: Seven Seas Mariner
Voyage Dates: 2/25-3/9
Number of ill passengers out of total number of passengers: 38 of 614 (6.19%)
- Number of ill crew out of total number of crew: 5 of 446 (1.12%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: In response to the outbreak, Regent Seven Seas Cruises and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- sent daily updates to CDC until the number of ill people returned to expected levels,
- collected stool specimens for analysis.
The number of passengers and crew that reported symptoms of gastrointestinal illnesses returned to expected levels by the following voyage.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009 (archived document)
- Content source: