Investigation Update on the Constellation
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Cruise Line: Celebrity Cruises
Cruise Ship: Constellation
Voyage Dates: 10/16-10/27/06
Number of ill passengers out of total number of passenger: 65 of 1955 (3.32%)
Number of ill crew out of total number of crew: 1 of 978 (0.10%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: Celebrity Cruises and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions to respond to the outbreak:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- sent daily updates throughout the following voyage,
- notified oncoming passengers about the outbreak,
- submitted stool specimens to the University of AZ for analysis.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009 (archived document)
- Content source: